Newish in New Zealand

Options
My name is Anthea, I'm 29 and from Auckland, New Zealand.

I have been on MFP for a while but always only do it for a week or 2 then give up or forget or get de-motivated or give in to my cravings and figure oh well I've blown it now, what does it really matter etc.

Just recently my sister and nephew visited me and we went to the zoo. A photo was taken of me and my nephew and when I saw it I was shocked. I knew I was overweight but that really hit home just how massive I had let myself get.

So now this is it, something must be done, I can't live in denial about it any longer! I've got 62kgs (137lbs) to lose, and it starts today!

I know this is going to be a long journey and this time I am determined not to give up! I want to be fit and healthy for my kids (when I decide to have them) and for my nephews. My partner and I want to travel and I know how uncomfortable it was last time for me (and I was smaller then) so I cant give up!

Any words of advice/encouragement/ideas would be super appreciated!!!

xx

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Hi Anthea, I am from Auckland - welcome!
    There is a NZ group here that you could search for & join. Sometimes it's easier not to convert the weights to lbs etc.
    Good luck! Add me if you want support.
    You got this.
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Yah! You can do this!!
  • GigiZilly
    GigiZilly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anthea

I live near Cooranbong (north of Sydney).
    I have 50 kgs to lose.
    I have days where I just go bonkers and binge on chocolate, or bread foods.
    I am now learning its okay to have a little every now and then.
    Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.
    Just remember to always look at your achievements, instead of your big goal.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hey there, please add me if youd like. You can do this, and MFP is a great way to go!
  • Smurftastic
    Smurftastic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in Wellington. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Anthea, welcome to NZ! I'm sure there are plenty of people on the NZ MFP Facebook Page, and within this group that can push, poke, prod, kick your butt back into shape!
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    Join the FB page! They're amazing!

I started in September last year with a little over 63 kilos to lose. Now, 5 months later, I have 38.9kg left to let go of. You CAN do it.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • whenthepawn
    Options
    Hey I'm in Wellington. Add me if you like...