C25K

Options
How do u or how would you put in your info for c25k

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Are you running outside or on a treadmill? When it's too cold/wet/windy to run outside, I use a treadmill, but then again my gym has shmancy ones that ask for your weight to calculate the calories burned more accurately. If the machine you use is lower-end, it may not be accurate.

If you're running outside, try plotting your workout on walkjogrun.com. Click "create route," let it find you (or find yourself if you're good at geography and can zoom in on your house/running area from space), and click along your path to mark your route. It's really easy. Then, in the bar along the bottom, you can click the little pencil icons by the various bits of data and tell it your actual speed, time, or pace; any one of those and it will automatically calculate the others. Click the pencil by Calories to input your weight, to get a more accurate calorie burn estimate. I find that this number doesn't change if you mess around with the speed and such, though, so I don't know how accurate it is, either.

If you can afford a heart rate monitor, that would be the best way to figure out how many calories you burn doing a C25K workout.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    break down the walking time and the running time into 2 segments and total it
  • crisipina
    crisipina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Lol lets see what i come up with
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    have a look at my diary...I break up the walking and running at the corresponding pace( on a treadmill).
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I add up all the intervals and log them as the chunks of total time spent walking and running. For example I am doing week 3 and it's 21 minutes walking and 9 minutes running so that's what I log (at the appropriate speed) plus I log any extra walking/running that I did seeing as I usually do abit more than just the program.
  • justiceotb
    justiceotb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Endomondo app on my phone. It is automatically making an entry for me, but so far it only puts a single entry of brisk walking.