Tracking exercise

Options
Im a little unsure of what i should track as far as exercise,should i include things like going to the shops and walking to the supermarket? I walk everywhere as we dont have a car but i have never tracked any of it,any help would be great.Thank you.x

Replies

• Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I can only really tell ya what I do.. If I go to the gym I log that but on days I don't everything else counts! lol
  • Sam_Jayne
    Options
    Right that's it then from today im gonna log all the walking i do.Thank you.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Im a little unsure of what i should track as far as exercise,should i include things like going to the shops and walking to the supermarket? I walk everywhere as we dont have a car but i have never tracked any of it,any help would be great.Thank you.x

Lifestyle healthcare professional answer: don't confuse exercise with physical activity, these don't mean the same. Walking is an activity of daily living, track it with a pedometer on an average week, set your activity level accordingly and MFP will include it - contrary to popular belief up to about 6000 steps which is still a couple of miles is sedentary. If you are doing more you are lightly active.

Exercise is when you go to the gym, do a fitness DVD, go hiking hills at a brisk pace with a backpack say. It's not part of your daily life and it's intense enough to improve your fitness. These things track extra over and above your activity level.