1500 calories - How can I make it eating healthy food?

Options
Hello Everyone,

I have my calorie count set at 1200 right now, but I am thinking about moving it up. I can't even eat 1200 calories most days. Seems like I am staying full and I just hate to keep eating all day. What can I eat that has a lot of calories but is healthy? I want to eat 400 for each meal and 3 snacks maybe at 100 each. I don't know if my diary is open or not because I don't know how to do it. I just joined in January. Thanks for any and all the help. I also just started back exercising. I do about 30 to 45 minutes of cardio (3 to 4 times) a week.

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Oily fish, nuts, seeds, avocado, dried fruit, olives, block creamed coconut, cocoa powder.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    What type of oily fish? I eat tilapi. Is that oily? What is block creamed coconut? I never heard of that. I am going to get me some almonds. Can you eat it everyday or is it to much fat?

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Natural nut butters. You can eat it every day if it fits your macros, its good fat. Make sure you are logging any oil you are using to otherwise you might be taking in more calories than you think
  • natalie2603
    natalie2603 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What type of oily fish? I eat tilapi. Is that oily? What is block creamed coconut? I never heard of that. I am going to get me some almonds. Can you eat it everyday or is it to much fat?

Salmon/Trout are oily fish. I do not think that Tilapia are oily fish.
    Fat is crucial for weight loss as it assists in hormone regulation - with only 1200 calories I do not believe that you could get "too" much fat and manage to stay under your caloric intake whilst eating a balanced diet. Meat is relatively calorie dense and an excellent source of protein.
  • raynavee
    Options
    Tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, anchovies and trout are a few more common oily fish. Basically, any type of forage or pelagic (live near the surface) fish will do.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Tilapia is white fish. You want to be eating oily fish like mackerel, sardines/ pilchards, salmon, fresh tuna (canned does not count) or herring and you can eat these on a daily basis. Try to eat a range of different nuts and seeds to get a balance of nutrients, as others have said you need fat for health and weight loss.

Block creamed coconut is coconut meat in pressed block form - all the fibre and fats included so counts towards your seven to nine servings of fruit and veggies. It's lovely in desserts or curries or flapjacks.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I am learning. I like sardines. Does can sardines count?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. I have my calories set to1500 and eat mostly healthy foods (my week days are better than my weekends).

To add a couple to the list: avocado and dark chocolate