When do you change your calorie intake?

Options
Do you change how many calories to eat everytime you lose weight, or just when you hit a stand still?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I would weigh myself once a week. Punch in my new weight and change my goals(calorie intake) when I put in my new weight.

I am maintaining now. So, I just log my weight every week.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    MFP changed mine for me. One day when I logged a weight loss, my calorie goal was changed automatically. I'm assuming it happens at certain milestones.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I use the In Place of A Road Map like many others on here.

I re-assess after losing 5 lbs using the calculators on the link below and if need be, then change my calorie goal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

There is plenty of information on the link above with regard to setting your correct calorie goal.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • raynavee
    Options
    MFP will automatically change your goal when you lose 10 lbs. If you want to be in control of it yourself, you can change however often you feel like it, but I suggest only doing so every 10 lbs or if you hit a standstill.
  • natalie2603
    natalie2603 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP tool to recalculate your intake when you change your weight - if you are losing weight at a healthy rate (i.e. around 1/2-1 pound per week) then I would think weekly would definitely be too frequent!
    You will notice if your progress slows and I would suggest adjustment then.