Getting Enough Sleep???

Options
rcatr
rcatr Posts: 374 Member
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/health/27real.html

Don't know if it increases weight, but I know that lack of sleep damn well doesn't help me take it off....

Remember to get your ZZZs everyone. :)

Replies

• KaliH310
    KaliH310 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They say if you're not getting enough sleep that it can increase the amount of stress on your body. And as we all know or hopefully know stress (for women more it seems) can make our weight go up. Honest to pete can't we catch a break!? LOL
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree!! Once I started aiming for at least 8 hours of sleep per night, the weight has been steadily coming off. :happy: I go to bed at about 10 and no matter what time I have to wake up, whether it's 6:30 or 10, I feel so rested. I can't sleep in as well as I used to, but I don't mind 'cause I feel great!
  • melmel0181
    melmel0181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What if you sleep too much I wonder? I go to bed about 10pm and wake up at about 6:00am and never feel rested :(
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for sleep apnea or some other kind of sleep disorder? I was shocked when I went to a seminar on sleep disorders, I found out I had one. I don't have the sleep apnea, but the others can be just as bad.
  • melmel0181
    melmel0181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I will get tested. I know I snore and mostly breath through my mouth so it might just be that. Thanks!