Hey you, please be my friend!

Options
I need friends! i am realizing I cannot do this alone. I have only two friends on MFP, my boyfriend and my best friend and as much as I love them, they will not show me tough love when needed. Today has been a difficult day for me when it comes to eating. I have been doing relatively well with making better food choices and have rarely gone over my calorie count but today I ate three mini donuts from 7-eleven ( I logged it) and I am seriously craving BBQ. I decided, instead of giving into another temptation I would seek out support. So here I am! My diary is open for friends to see and I will try to always be supportive and honest to anyone who friends me.

Replies

• annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a tough day! Feel free to "friend" me! I am not good at the "tough love" stuff - but I am happy to support you in your journey! Good luck...don't give up...one bad dad is not going to ruin everything you've worked for!
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Friend me! I'm always looking for more supportive people. I'm 38, live just outside Chicago and I'm really all in this time with getting fit. I'm focusing A LOT of fitness (building muscle) and not just losing weight. That way when the scale won't budge, I won't feel so defeated!

When I want BBQ, i buy one of those rotissierie chickens at the grocery store and put a little BBQ sauce on it. You can also make your own low-sugar BBQ sauce buy using Stevia instead of sugar.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ...bad DAY (not dad!)
    :smile:
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's day to day, don't get discouraged!! Add me if you like. We can all use support, motivation, and encouragement!! Good luck... You can do this!!!
  • smekiawilliams
    smekiawilliams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing, thank you so much!
  • chowe5999
    Options
    Hi there !

I'm sitting here thinking about something sweet, but I'm not giving in and I'm on his website instead ! I'm just about to brush my teeth and floss and rinse. That usually helps me because I don't want to eat and have to do all that work again ! Sometimes all it takes is something that tricky. Hang in there and add me if you like ! We're all struggling at one moment or another. Don't give in just because you started your day with donuts -- it doesn't have to end that way !
  • P353
    P353 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am from Baden, Ontario. And I am curently at my kitchen table thinking... What can I eat. Then I saw your post.
    I was trying to cut the carbs after 3-4pm, but tonight I snacked on cheese and crackers.
    I am still under my calorie goal for the day, however; I am not feeling good about the choices I have made today at all.
    So I guess, what I am trying to say, is add me too if you would like?
    Like many others on this site, I totally understand the struggle and perhaps, we can begin this weight loss journey together. You are not alone. Good luck! You can do this!
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be down - mini donuts are pretty much Mouth Magnets and can be very difficult to avoid, but it's great that you kept honest and logged them... that's a huge deal...

In the past I'd eat an underwhelming food item and not log it, like it didn't count or anything... fool that I was...

Looking forward to struggling and succeeding together!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What's that song from Toy Story?...."you got a friend in me....you got a friend in me...."
    now that that tune is stuck in your head - add me lol
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am supportive, but don't like to be critical. I would suggest finding friends who keep their diaries open - it may help you to see what is working for other people. Good luck!
  • Salvianut
    Salvianut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can friend me, too! I don't have any friends here yet. I've never been much for using boards like this, but I figure it might help. I'm starting (once again) to track my nutrition as a start, then start moving my butt. I'd like to lose weight, but I am more focused on building my strength and endurance. My initial goal is to simply stay consistent logging everything for a month, and move forward from there. I've never stuck to it before, and I'm determined to this year!