I only burned 33 calories doing th 30 day shred! WHAT??

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Yes, that is correct. I just did the 30 day shred and when I looked at my HRM it said I only burned 33 calories and that my highest heart rate was 70! I just sweated my butt off and I know I worked really really hard so why only 33 calories??? I think it's time for me to get this thing serviced!!!!!!! UGH!!!

Replies

• lesserJess
    Options
    that doesn't seem right.. you may need to get it checked.. should have been more like 150 calories at least...
  • cjrss03
    cjrss03 Posts: 22
    Options
    Did you wet the sensors on the chest strap? If you didn't, it may not have recorded correctly.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I think you would burn at least 33 calories just watching 30 Day Shred...
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    What kind of HRM do you have? The chest strap in mine has a battery in it that powers the transmitter. Yours probably does as well. These batteries dont last forever and the chest strap needs to be replaced from time to time.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    ha! I think you burn 33 calories WATCHING the 30 day shred! :bigsmile: Definitely time to look for a new HRM (or check your batteries ... or something!)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else - but one other thing to think about is - sometimes my chest strap gets messed up by my sports bra (they change places in a really vigorous workout if I don't really place it under the bra before I start). That's something to check too before you go buy a new one :smile: Either way - you burned more than that. Promise!
  • kiki28riki
    Options
    I've heard that when that happens you need to take it to a watch shop to get the sensor replaced. My Polar just went out too, so I have to get it in soon!
  • LadyV
    LadyV Posts: 21
    Options
    Have had this happen to me too. It was because my chest strap wasn't tight enough and the sensors kept coming up off my skin, no contact, which makes it not count accurately. Make sure the sensors are cleaned off routinely and tighten the strap.

Oh and also, found that the elastic of the shelf bra in my top that I was wearing was to tight and tucking up under the sensors too causing it to loose connection!

I also agree, just watching that video burns 33 calories!!! Best of luck to you!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't myself really pay that much attention to what external stuff say's I can pretty much guarantee if you feel you worked your butt off chances are you did. It's kinda like the scale (THOSE THINGS LIE) just keep working it and measure yourself, I mean when you watch the news do you really belive the weatherman even when he say's 50% chance of rain and it pouring outside.
  • angelofdescent
    Options
    I found a website that will assist you in figuring out how many calories you have burned. The website is

http://www.aolhealth.com/tools/calories-burned?sem=1&ncid=AOLHTH00170000000017&s_kwcid=TC|11093|calories||S|b|4802960810

The total workout is 27 minutes long. You enter your current weight, choose circuit training and the formula will figure it for you. I weigh 144 lbs and it advised me that I burned 236 calories. I hope you found this interesting...Good luck to all.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 157 lbs. and I typically burn about 220 doing Level 1 on the Shred.