egg whites

Options
Ideas for egg whites/ omellettes?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Fry bacon. Fry diced peppers and onions in bacon fat. Add eggs. Scramble.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I always have egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, and a bit of cheese mixed in.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: During my work week-I micro-whites with spinach, salsa, FF feta, then spread a wedge of laughing cow on top of a 100 cal sandwich thin-185 cal-lots of protein-
  • Icanredefinemyself
    Icanredefinemyself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do egg white omelettes almost every AM. I add mushrms, 1oz shredded cheese (or 1TBSP salsa con queso nacho cheese =23 calories) little diced tomato, little green onion. Sometimes whatever meat's in the fridge, sometimes just vegetarian. Love egg whites! Wish they were sold in larger containers.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    BUMP for ideas. I just got around to buying a carton of these. They're frozen but does anyone know roughly how long they last in the fridge after you thaw them out?
  • ajlon
    ajlon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites, Chicken breast, Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Jalapenos (if you like a bit of hot)
    and served with spinach / salad leaves. ... I drink a calorie free Vitamin C rich drink with it for better iron absorption (like Berocca)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg + 2 egg whites whisked for an omelette! Add smoked salmon to the omelette before flipping it in half :) Serve with avocado or cottage cheese..
  • srm1960
    Options
    :bigsmile: I buy mine in a carton-in the refrigerated section-never saw them frozen in Cali???
  • srm1960
    Options
    I do egg white omelettes almost every AM. I add mushrms, 1oz shredded cheese (or 1TBSP salsa con queso nacho cheese =23 calories) little diced tomato, little green onion. Sometimes whatever meat's in the fridge, sometimes just vegetarian. Love egg whites! Wish they were sold in larger containers.
    My carton is 32oz-@ Ralph's(Kroger s?)
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    mix in cottage cheese! soooo good.
    and of course, anything else. any meats/tofu/beans/veggies/coldcuts. it all works!
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My omelette is as follows:

1 cup egg whites (roughly 6 I believe)
    60-70grams of shoulder bacon
    1 cube of frozen spinach
    20 grams of capsicum
    10 grams of onion

It is SO yummy and usually comes in at about 200cals or so? Depending on exactly how much of each I have that day :) (plus LOADS of protein from the egg whites, bacon and spinach!)

EDIT TO ADD: If I have enough cals for the day, or just feel like it, I add some parmesan cheese :)
  • Dexy_
    Options
    BUMP for ideas. I just got around to buying a carton of these. They're frozen but does anyone know roughly how long they last in the fridge after you thaw them out?

If you put in a black container/bowl you can see better. If it's clear, it's off. If it's cloudy, you're good to go :)

Usually mine last a week (sometimes more) after being thawed.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal about egg whites? What do you all think is wrong with the yolk?

Eggs are low fat.
    Eggs are a good source of protein and contain more than a dozen vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, folate, phosphorous, riboflavin, vitamins A, D, E and B-12. They pack quite a nutritional punch for around 70 calories each.
    Particularly important source of B12 for vegetarians.
  • Dexy_
    Options
    What's the big deal about egg whites? What do you all think is wrong with the yolk?

Eggs are low fat.
    Eggs are a good source of protein and contain more than a dozen vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, folate, phosphorous, riboflavin, vitamins A, D, E and B-12. They pack quite a nutritional punch for around 70 calories each.

Imo, NOTHING wrong with whole eggs. Except for me, it's not worth the calories!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I love eggwhites. :)

You can make "fried" rice (I cook rice in the pot and put it in the pan with egg white and seasoning and cook it, no oil)

I make veggy omlettes/scrambles.

I am not opposed to the yolks but you can eat more whites than yolks and stay within you fat consumption/ chloresterol goals. I am a vegetarian so I eat egg whites to up my protein. I figure I get enough yolks in food made with eggs like bread and stuff.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    The biggest reason I cut way way down on egg yolks is because one egg has 80% you DV of cholesterol according to the nutrition facts on eggs. I don't make 1 egg omlettes lol
  • cdharris94
    Options
    Egg whites with salsa is awesome.. and sometimes even add a little cumin spice yum! also mash an avocado or some guacamole on top super yummy! Hope this helps!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Eggs are low fat.

saves you calories n lowers fat intake.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Eggs are low fat.

Yolk tastes gross!! Never liked it, that's why I'm an egg white eater :o) I also like saving myself 53 calories per egg by not having the yolk and there are a lot of people who aren't able to eat the yolk because it is fairly high in cholesterol and fat. But I do hear you, a whole egg is a good thing (if you can stomach it) when it fits within your macros.