Side Dish Ideas?

Options
We will be having Grilled Tequila-Lime Steak and corn on the cob for dinner this evening. I cannot think of another side that would good great with this meal, to save my life! Any ideas would really help out! Thanks!

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of any sides except veggie kabobs (grape tomatos, chunks of squash, red pepper strips, mushrooms) and for desert grilled peaches or grilled pineapple slices.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can do a rice side or maybe cous cous with some veggies mixed in or even some healthy salsa and phyllo cups. MMMM...delicious!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Roasted sweet potato might work.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I'd roast the corn on the cob, then cut it off and make a avocado, tomato and corn salad with a bit of olive oil, lime juice and salt/pepper.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i love the green giant steamers ..... tonight i am having roasted red potatoes green beans & rosemary butter sauce YUMMM ... also the broccoli with cheese sauce is good
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Salad! Lots of veggies and lettuce tossed in a little olive oil and lime and some avacado.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    How about wilted spinach with lemon & garlic?
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like the veggie and salad ideas!
  • melmel0181
    melmel0181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist gave me this easy coconut rice recipe. I had it last night and loved it. Enjoy!

COCONUT RICE
    This recipe makes six 1/2 cup servings. I estimated the calories to be approximately 150 calories per 1/2 cup serving.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of soft margarine. Add 1 cup long-grain white rice (or brown rice for a whole grain bonus!) and cook, stirring constantly, until the grains are well coated in the margarine, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of water and 1 1/4 cups of lite coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.

Optional: Fluff the rice and gently stir in minced cilantro.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    My nutritionist gave me this easy coconut rice recipe. I had it last night and loved it. Enjoy!

COCONUT RICE
    This recipe makes six 1/2 cup servings. I estimated the calories to be approximately 150 calories per 1/2 cup serving.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of soft margarine. Add 1 cup long-grain white rice (or brown rice for a whole grain bonus!) and cook, stirring constantly, until the grains are well coated in the margarine, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of water and 1 1/4 cups of lite coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.

Optional: Fluff the rice and gently stir in minced cilantro.

Wow, thats whats for dinner for me! Thanks!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Slice tomato, cuccumber,avocado with a lime wedge is good with mexican food.