30 day shred...

Okay so today is the day im starting 30DS and im so excited!
A few questions though...

What can i use as a substitue for weights as i dont have any and ive seen alot of people saying you need weights

What are the modified push ups everyone talks about?

thankyou x

Replies

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Hi, and first of all good luck and stick with it, you will get there...

You can use anything you can easily hold in your hands, from cans of beans to remote controls, whatever, but would suggest you invest in a cheap pair...

Modified push ups are done from the knees and you will probably need to do these unless you have incredible upper body strength.

I have done one full round last summer and am on Day 20 this time round. It really does work especially if you stick to your cals too.

Make sure you measure as well as weigh. I would suggest
    Bust, Waist, Tummy, Hips, thighs, above knee, calf and upper arm, you'll be amazed how much you lose and from where...
    Jules xx
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    You can use two cans of soup for the weights to start. You can pick up actual weights for just a couple of bucks each (Target, Walmart, if you are in the US, not sure where you are). Jillian will instruct you on the modified push-ups. She has two people to follow while you work out, depending on your fitness level. I believe it is Anita doing the modified workout. Have fun. She is about to kick your butt! :wink:
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Fantastic thankyou so much
    i didnt think cans of soup would be heavy enough but thats perfect
    i cant wait till the 30 days are up and i can compare pictures and measurements
    x
  • scarrottl
    scarrottl Posts: 2 Member
    A modified push up is a push up but instead of your hands and toes push up on your knees and hands. Keep butt down try to get chest to the floor. Full gal milk containers with water or 1/2 gal and use those as weights.