Military Women? Present and Former?

Options

Replies

• MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Former Marine....well, "once a Marine, always a Marine"! My weight came on after getting out and it's been a struggle ever since! Let's be friends! Being a Marine, knowing how we are trained and what's instilled in us through bootcamp and our time in The Corps, it's very hard dealing with being overweight......Semper Fi!
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I guess I had it made in the AF. I never had to iron my underwear.

Ironing underwear was funny as well as perfectly folding t-shirts into a square. I went in at age 30 and turned 31 three weeks into basic. You definitely have a different perspective going into that at my age, especially when dealing with 17 and 18 year olds that are experiencing their first time away from home.
  • kayla2709
    kayla2709 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Navy here!! Have just left full time service but still an active reserve. Nice to know I'm human and having the same struggles. I'm down but not out! I'm still running just as hard and long........ just not as fast! Am doing what I can to not go backwards. Happy to accept friends invited from fellow service people!!
  • emmawalks
    Options
    Currently in the British Army Reserves, been in 15 years. Went to Iraq in 2006 and hope to go to Afghanistan once I finish my nursing training. I find I have more motivation as I get older, althought my body seems to take a little bit longer to recover after a hard session!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Marine here. Injuries and kids made it easy to pack on the weight.
  • Prior Coast Guard working on my second Master's in Homeland Security.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    prior AF. Chronic illness has made me fat. Planning on flogging the chronic illness to get back into shape.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Prior Air Force here. Served 8 years and gained weight when I left and started having babies. Used this site as well to improve my health and get back in shape.
  • barbosa_art
    Options
    Sorry!!! Didn't realize it said women
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Sorry!!! Didn't realize it said women
    She was looking for Military WOMEN.

I mean, I know about the whole "Don't ask, Don't tell thing" but......
  • Honeybea86
    Options
    Former army here. Gained weight with first child lost it all got out of the army stayed in shape until I became a single mom of two who worked two jobs. I nstopped making time for myself and my fitness and let the scale creep up 30lbs in a year. Now I'm fitting healthy eating and exercise back in and so far I have lost the 12 of the 30 I gained. I hated running in the army but now it's my passion. Maybe cuz I hated running at someone else's pace
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I love being in command because I'm ALWAYS at the front of the formation. I hate running n the middle, I'm eye level with their armpits, and nose level with their BO......

And it's always my pace :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking in, ladies!!! I loved reading your responses! May you all accomplish your fitness missions!
  • Aet2013
    Options
    Active duty Navy! Had my appendix out in August and gained 15 :/. Still under height weight standards. But not where I would like to be. Add me! Could use some motivation from people with similar lifestyles.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    So much inspiration in here! I'm hoping to be fit enough to join the Canadian Forces in 2014. Not sure which part yet. c:
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im working on getting into the Army. I have been trying for over a year now. Some day......
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Recent Army retiree here! The last year I've put on quite a bit of weight, because your last year (for us anyway) is pretty much a transition period and I wasn't forced to take an APFT or even DO PT for that matter. I think all my stress just fell off and the pounds jumped on! This time though, I'm focusing on health. I'm not going to worry about what the scale says, because for 20 years, every six months I would stress myself out wondering if I'm going to make ht/wt and/or body fat. That takes a major toll! So, I'm eating healthier, allowing myself treats, and trying to do a little physical activity every day. I'm about to start nursing school so my time will get even more limited but I'll do what I can. Once clinicals start I'll be on my feet a lot so that will help.

Thanks to all veterans and current service members. You are part of the 1% that serve, be proud of that! There is no more honorable profession than that of military service!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    <---Prior Army

Hated running when I had to, but now I love it.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds cliche, but thank you, ladies, for your service to our country, we are indebted to you more than we can express. God bless you!
    Very well said, thank you ladies.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This may be the hottest thread ever. :love: :drinker: :smooched: