2 month plateau... advice!

Options
Hello,
I have been working on my health and fitness since august last year and it all went great for the first 3 months, Ive lost 7 kilos and and much stonger and have started to tone up.
But now im STUCK, and have been since late november. I weigh 71kilos am 1.71cm tall and the scales wont budge lower!

My personal trainer says simply that i need to eat less calories than I use, which i know but i already only eat around 1200 calories, trying to stay of carbs as much as possible. I see her once a week, Im halfway through the 30 day shred and do some form of exercise most days, a run, a walk etc.

Does anyone have any tips for shaking up my metabolism or advise, i still want to lose this fat! (about 6 kilos)!

THANKS! :)

Replies

• ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, but if you stick to what you are doing then you will see movement again. I have been the same now for 2.5 mths. It does get very disheartening when you are doing your best and nothing is moving. I just think of where I would be if I hadn't started this journey and how easy it would be to get back there. Keep your good work up and you will see results in no time. :-)
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • Geegeetoo
    Geegeetoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, try to increase you activity.
  • Belita38
    Belita38 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I am having the same problem...
    I feel swollen and I don´t know why.
    But I think that sometimes our body reacts in a weird way.
    And I believe that sometimes we have to change what we eat, eat more for a while or a day per week because it "shakens" your metabolism and maybe change the kind of exercise you era doing...
    If it works with you telll because I need it too! :-)
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How are your other measurements going? You might find that you are still improving your shape and it's just not showing on the scales.

I found that I got stuck for ages at about 68kgs (I'm also 171cm tall and my target weight is 63.5kg).

My weight wasn't budging and it even went up a bit at one stage which was really disheartening as I was being good with food and exercise. However, I recently had an annual weigh-in with my personal trainer at the gym and had a body fat check to find that even though my total weight was about 2kg more than the same time last year, my body fat was down by 2% and my muscle mass was up by 1.5%.

You might be in the same situation so I'd recommend focussing on how your clothes fit for a while and maybe give the scales a break for a few weeks!
  • renee_claire
    Options
    your weight lost goals look similar to mine, i think i will get my trainer to do body fat so i can start tracking that, im actually not sure what mine is.

My clothes are definatly fitting better, and people have noticed i look better, but its hard when you arent seeing what you want to see!

:)
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eat more and change up your routine.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you have left to lose and how much activity you are doing 1200 is far too low.
    Recalculate your goals and don't set it to lose 2lbs a week unless you have more than 75 lbs to lose. The smaller you are the less of a deficit you need.

Keep an eye on your sodium... increase your water... change your workout routine. You can't eat the same everyday and workout the same everyday and expect to not hit a stall. You have to change things up.

Ultimately, change your workout routine and increase your calories. Eat at maintaince for a week or two than drop down. With 15lbs left to lose (according to your ticket) set your goal to 0.5lbs per week. You can't expect to lose huge numbers when you don't have a lot left to lose.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    How is your diet? It seems that 1200 calories is 1200 calories, but not all calories are created equal. 1200 calories of whole food, is very different from 1200 calories of processed food. It is worth a shot. Also, maybe try a little intermittent fasting. It really helps.
  • renee_claire
    Options
    Oh wow, you are right, i was trying to figure out why MFP was saying to eat so low when advice was eat more... thank you! i will work up to eating more (will be hard to break the mindset) and drop everything that is unclean to eat, while changing up my exercise!! :)