Cant get to the gym - SNOWED in! - Need Cardio Workout

Options
Hi Guys, wondering if you could help.
I do 30 day shred everyday and i normally go to the gym to do a 30 - 40 minute cardio workout, i live in France in a remote area and i am snowed in and cant get to the gym. I had my rest day yesterday so i really dont want to have another one.
Does anyone know a good 30 - 40 min cardio workout that i can do indoors? Any good you tube vids etc.
Thanks guys :happy:

Replies

• badmojo108
    Options
    I keep a jump rope in the garage for just such a situation.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    shovel snow. that way you can get your workout in and do something that needs to be done anyway.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I think shoveling snow would do the trick!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Look into tabata work outs, many on youtube or on here. You do an exercise for 20 seconds, then rest 10 for 8 reps. Pick 8 different exercise sets. Some to consider, burpees, squat jumps, push ups.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone walk at home on Youtube. She does 1 to 5 miles. I like the 5 mile one because it is a good cardio workout (for me anyway) and you can break it down to do as many or as few miles as you like.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    do you have stairs in your house?
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Shovel your snow, then shovel your neighbours' snow. You'll get fit AND popular :-)
  • mylee69
    mylee69 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm embarking on zumba with my Daughter this week, downloaded from the net and doing it in my games room, no money and plenty of laughs :smile:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the shoveling. Then if you still need cardio, jump rope. If you dont have one already, get one before you get snowed in next time. It is the cheapest, simplest, most portable, most effective workout equipment imaginable.
  • SarahMillH
    Options
    Thanks guys. Me and my husband are going to shovel snow for a while, see how i go. I dont have a jump rope, but i have a normal rope so i will do some jumping later. Take care guys! Anyone else snowed in??? I know england have it quite bad!
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We have snow in London. Was going to say do 30ds on YouTube x
  • sondooby
    sondooby Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    30DS does the trick for me - I was a mess after the first day but on day 6 now and not so bad. Will check out the fitness blender link, thanks xx
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Me and my husband are going to shovel snow for a while, see how i go. I dont have a jump rope, but i have a normal rope so i will do some jumping later. Take care guys! Anyone else snowed in??? I know england have it quite bad!

We had 4-6 inches on friday - its not too bad, the snowploughs and gritters have been round most places - and I'm very rural. It is funny though you go up some roads and the road suddenly vanishes where the gritter must have decided not to bother/run out of grit.

Luckily I am one of those smug people who own a land rover...
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well I did this - and I am now totally knackered!! Great routine but not one to do every day.
    (Trouble is - other half has just popped to the Chinese so likely to eat back those calories now!)
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Go for a good walk (hill walk) or jog. I'm loving the snow :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    don't forget about snowball fighting and snowman building!

those burn major calories too.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Sledging. Great fun
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Shovelling snow is a great burn.

I was supposed to have a rest day on Friday but as it snowed I took the chance to do something different.

I took my girls to the local park which is quite flat.

Put one each in a sledge (15kg each as they are twins) and held the handles and ran.

Only did like minute and 2 minute runs. But was running through 4-5 inch deep snow as well.

Great work out all in and the kids were loving it.