P90X

Options
Anyone out there want to join me in a 90-day P90X challenge??? I was thinking of starting on January 28 (or sooner if there is interest!)

I recently finished TurboFire and over the course of the past year, I have lost 30 lbs from it! I am ready to try a different program and from past experience, it's always best if there is a group that's doing the same program because it keeps me (and you!!) accountable!

What do you think?!?!?!?!! :) Who's with me??

-Emily

PS... I don't know the best way to let me know you are interested in short of just leaving a message, but feel free to add me on here and we can figure something out!!!!

Replies

• AmyJaneO
    AmyJaneO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am with you!!! Started week THREE today....its awesome!!! I couldn't find it in the exercises to log, so not sure how many calories I am really burning..... so far so good though....it's tough but rewarding!!!
  • emchandler26
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I just made my calendar and will start my Fit Test tomorrow!!!!!!! How is it so far? I have a heart rate monitor so I should be able to keep track of calories burned that way.. do you have one too?

How are all of the workouts?? Hard?!?!?! I'm so ready to BRING IT!!!!! :happy:

-Emily
  • AmalfiCoast7
    AmalfiCoast7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd week of P90X!! :)

Take a look at P90Xcalories.com. Compare that with your heart monitor...
  • anniebell83
    anniebell83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 1 tomorrow!
  • AmyJaneO
    AmyJaneO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, some parts are hard...... some parts I feel like are almost impossible .... like the DREYA ROLL...hahaha, but I'm getting it and you will too!!! I notice my strong areas and I notice my weak areas..... the plus of this program.... you can do it....and you start out with doing what you can do....if you need a break, take it.... and I promise you ..... you will notice results in your strength and your performance of your workout right off. But....SOME PARTS are not hard....in fact, they might be "easy" for you..... and those parts keep you going..... BEST OF LUCK!!!! keep in touch here and let me know how you are doing!!! :) ~AMY
  • AmalfiCoast7
    AmalfiCoast7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Yoga portion of this program "OWNS" me! :sad:
  • emchandler26
    Options
    I did my FIT TEST today!!!! I actually am really proud of where I am starting at!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

I cannot wait to see what happens over the next 90-days! BRING IT!!!!!! Was thinking of starting a challenge group on Facebook if I can get enough people to help keep me and others accountable. I think it will help! I have one going right now for TurboFire and their motivation is AWEEEESOME!!!!!! :heart: :heart:

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i'm wanting to start it. still need to get the workout though. hope i can get it by the time the challenge starts. i'd really like to be involved. keep up the great work everyone.
  • Lumens
    Lumens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start this as well! I'm in! I did it a year ago, and I was in the best shape of my life. But then I stopped, and I want to get back into it!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've had P90X for a year or so...and I've never finished it. I get bored with it. I suck as push ups and some other things. So I guess up. But if I had others starting it with me I might have more motivation to keep trucking. :drinker:
  • emchandler26
    Options
    I sent some of you guys messages about starting up a Challenge group where we can all work through the program together... if you didn't get a message and you want in on it, let me know!!!! :happy: :happy:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 12 now. Planning to jump right into round 2 on February 3rd. It's a great program. I've seen noticeable increase in muscle and I am a lot stronger.
  • girlsrun
    Options
    I want in! I have a (bootleg) copy so I'm not sure what order I'm suppose to do what. If someone can keep me straight I'm in. :happy:
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    CAN I JOIN YOU GUYS??!

I'm 2 days into week 2 already and my boyfriend and I are doing it together here at home. =) We're already seeing great results and he's currently on week 3.

Yeah, some of the moves REALLY kill me - but I found little tweaks to make them effective, but a bit easier on myself. Like that friggin' DREYA ROLL! OR BANANA/SUPERMAN whatevers! Instead of rolling all the way over I just go from Superman into a Plank move. SO MUCH EASIER!

Anyways, message me or friend me --- I <3 P90X !!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I want in! I have a (bootleg) copy so I'm not sure what order I'm suppose to do what. If someone can keep me straight I'm in. :happy:

Schedules- http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/

Worksheets for tracking - http://www.beachbody.com/category/p90x-online/worksheets.do
  • emchandler26
    Options
    I just created a P90X (secret) group on Facebook. For me personally, I thought it would be easier this way because MyFitnessPal doesn't have a good way of making a group that I know of...

My Facebook URL is http://www.facebook.com/emchandler26

Even if we are in different places, that's okay. I think we could all still support each other! If you don't have the DVDs and are interested... I can get you hooked up!

This is going to be awesome! The EPIC challenge group... lol! :)

-Emily
  • reilady4life
    Options
    I would like to join in but don't have the DVD's yet. Is it best to get them from the Beach Bodies website? We need other stuff to, right?
  • emchandler26
    Options
    I would like to join in but don't have the DVD's yet. Is it best to get them from the Beach Bodies website? We need other stuff to, right?

I sent you a message on where you can get the DVDs... :happy: Anyone else have advice on the equipment. I was planning on modifying with equipment that I have.

Emily
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi, These is already a p90x group if you would like to join ?? we have new members every day so more is always welcome. There are some really knowledgable p90x'ers on there offering great advice and support :)

hope this link works for anyone intersted

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10138-p90x-new-year-challenge-2013