Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I myself would like to see your food diary
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Well there's a reason you're falling off track. What made you fall off track?
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    I dnt know.. Im trying to figure this out tbh
    The main thing is I have not quit and deleted so I can start again like I normally would.. Im facing up to it
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Well what do you eat, what are your eating habits, how many calories do you normally get in?
  • catiegirlnyc
    Options
    The ONLY power you ever have is in the present moment. The past is who you WERE not who you are!!!! Just the fact that you are hanging in here, and putting yourself out there is an important step. Be proud of yourself for a GREAT first week, don't dwell on a bad second. We are all with you on this journey and there is no destination!!! It is a lifelong commitment to loving yourself, and making choices that help you feel more love for yourself. Success is going from one failure to another with as much enthusiasm!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Keep coming online and keep tracking good or bad. You will begin to get back in the groove. I just maintained over the holidays and it has taken most of the month for me to get back in the groove of doing this. I have just kept coming for support and read posts, and I track whether it is good or bad, and if I don't track I at least post my calories in a quick add. Please add me as a frined if you need help.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Girl..if you lost 8 pounds within 2 weeks you should be damn proud of yourself and WANT to continue! I'm going into my second weigh in this wednesday and I believe I still havn't even lost a pound yet. I still keep moving though and trying to eat the healthiest I can and get my *kitten* moving when I can. Just keep your chin up. You're 8 pounds down..that's 8 pounds closer to your goal. Keep moving!
  • MsAmulet
    Options
    Can you find someone you can use for instant accountability/motivation? I use my best friend and he's ALWAYS there for me to message (we use gtalk, we're on opposite sides of the pond) if I'm dealing with a major temptation.

I am using a strict plan to jump start my weight loss. The quick results *are* good motivation for me and studies have shown that women stick better to a plan where they are losing faster --- however, I do 6 weeks on and then I'll be doing 2 weeks on "regular paleo". So being strict isn't always bad, it just depends on your personality type! Definitely not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanks catiegirlnyc.. Thats a really nice message and I will never forget your kind words
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    @ pug_lover09.. Thanks for your message also
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The ONLY power you ever have is in the present moment. The past is who you WERE not who you are!!!! Just the fact that you are hanging in here, and putting yourself out there is an important step. Be proud of yourself for a GREAT first week, don't dwell on a bad second. We are all with you on this journey and there is no destination!!! It is a lifelong commitment to loving yourself, and making choices that help you feel more love for yourself. Success is going from one failure to another with as much enthusiasm!

^^^^^^^Awesome words^^^^^^^
    Don't dwell too long on the negative-be sad, mad or whatever and then FORGIVE yourself and get back to it. :flowerforyou:
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think of MFP as lashing my leg to the proverbial wagon. I do not stop logging *no matter what*: the good, the bad and the ugly. Even when I fall off the wagon I know exactly how far and how long it's gonna take to get back. Yeah, my head probably bounces off the ground a few times ;) but I am never lost because I lashed my leg to the wagon (never quit logging) and I can pull myself back up, when I can. Also helps when I am hormonal and sometimes gain water - if I know I am on plan I happily ignore those 2 pounds and they are gone as fast as they came without dragging my confidence through the gutter, sometimes with a loss to follow because I was focused and didn't fall off (I kept logging). Did I "overdo" during the holidays? You betcha - grandma's frosted sugar cookies were the worst temptation and I had *ahem* more than a few. But I kept the other portions sensible and kept logging. I came out the other side of the December up .4 pound. Good for me who's just thrown in the towel in the past and walked away from MFP. Do not give up. MFP is what you need. You can do this.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanx all.. Im back on track today :-D
    I had a wake up call for sure today (i thought outing myself on here would do the trick when I went over my cals instead of writing them in the diary) well as helpful as you all have been today I decided I would put in my diary the things I could not face seein in my diary over the last four days :-/ well put it this way my food diary (filled in with nothing left out) made me SERIOUSLY wonder where the hec I put it.. Not in the normal ' dunno where I put that' fashion, it was more of a 'I SERIOUSLY ATE THAT AND IM STILL ALIVE?' kinda way. It is so bad that not even my friends can see it now but @ least i've had a reality check and can tell you first hand I sure as hell will not be eating that amount in one week never mind a day again! Infact im going to open my diary to the public and feel free to look @ it.. If you see me as of today slippin then feel free to PM me. Plz no comments on anything done before today as its done with and in the past. Tc and have a nice day

Thanx again for all your support x
    P.s my 8 lbs loss may go down to 1 lb loss on my ticker tomo but nxt tuesday will be my week :-P
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You did it! Today is a new day.
    start again. now. don't wait until tomorrow.

This is great advice! At the risk of sounding like a cliche, one day at a time.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanx mswize :-)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think it happens to all of us at some point. I fell off the wagon in September and gained 5 pounds and it wasn't water weight. Just re-focus and you'll reach your goals. It won't happen over night but it will get easier over time.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Lisa2bHappy: you should be proud of yourself for what you're trying to do. I did look at your log, and you should be applauded for being so honest about the food you ate. Looking back over things, I do have a suggestion. I don't know you, and I don't know how much you weigh. But if you're 80 pounds overweight, my guess is that you need to set your goal calories higher. You have it set for 1300. THIS is my guess as to why you slipped last week with the the fast food. Because by dinner time, you were STARVING, haven only ate 600 calories so far each day.

This is just my advice, but maybe for now you should eat more calories. Maybe 1500 or 1600. And make sure to not EVER be hungry during the day. Maybe that way you won't have the hunger for dinner time to grab a quick fast food meal. I'm down 80 pounds from my highest weight, so I feel like I can relate to your struggles.

Do you know your BMR? and your TDEE? You should at least eat calories above your BMR every day. If you're 80 pounds overweight, your BMR might be 1800-2000 or more, possibly, depending on your height.
  • VSampler
    VSampler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found that it helps when I detox before we start up again. 4 days of freshness
    Throught out the day you can eat

4 sliced Oranges, 4 oz of protein (i try to keep tuna or lean chicken breast grilled no skin) fresh spiniach (1cup) 4 cups os any of the following fruits; watermelon canalope grapes pears cumcumbers (waterbased fruit)

weight loss in a week if you keep up will be at least 3-5 pounds lost. then you have reduced your cravings from sweets and fried foods and can keep going with no more than 5-7 ounces of protein each meal add veges and fruit and your on track.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Hi WBB55,
    Thanks for commenting.. I ate like that before I joined MFP so think it has more to do with me. Im scared to up my calories as I have hypothyroidism and type 2 diabetes which make it harder to lose weight. Im not active @ the mo either as im really unfit (5 foot 2 and just under 17 stone) so you as you can imagine I want it off quick but as healthy as poss.. Im open to all advice :-)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I put your stats into this http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

And it put your BMR at close to 1750 calories. You really are starting at about where I started, though I'm a couple inches taller. In my opinion, the Hypothyroidism and Diabetes just means that you should eat more complex carbs and less of the high GI foods. It doesn't mean you should only eat 1300 calories. I'm not your doctor. I'm not an expert. But FOR ME those feelings of starving made it much more logical seeming that I drive thru McDonald's on my way home from work instead of cooking the healthy food I had at home. Today, you've only eaten like 350 calories by the end of lunch. TO ME, this isn't enough. 300 calories 5x per day worked best FOR ME. And if I ended up having a 600 calorie dinner, then I skipped my evening snack or dropped it to more like 100 calories.

I lost my weight in 2006-2008 and I've kept it off. For long term results, please consider upping your calories a little. And then eventually adding more and more exercise to your day.

Keep up the good work, ok? The only reason I'm suggesting you raise your calories a little is to make you happier and healthier, ok?