Anyone have a good Mac & Cheese recipe??

Options
Minnesota_Nice
Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
Anyone have a good Mac & Cheese recipe??

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I used to make it with real cheese, Italian sausage, and sun dried tomatoes. I can't find the recipe. Damn.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like the weight watcher mac & cheese recipe.

http://www.weightwatchers.ca/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=127171
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sort of. Put a bag of frozen cauliflower in a pan and put 2-4 slices american cheese on top put the lid on and turn up the heat. While that's heating up get some cayenne, black pepper, salt and a little milk like 1/4 cup together. Add dry ingredients and give a stir and place lid back on. Let the heat and steam do their thing and add your milk last cook until heated through, cheese is melted and milk has evaporated a little leaving you with a creamy sauce that is slightly spicy and makes you forget about mac n cheese,
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump, as I've yet to find a good, creamy mac and cheese that's both low-fat, low in sodium AND delicious! *fingers crossed* this thread will produce one. ; )
  • hollyday11
    hollyday11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this is a health-related site, BUT this recipe is awesome! I make it about once a month as a splurge (with a pound of crumbled pepper bacon stirred in before I bake it). My kids beg for it! I am not patient enough to reduce the cream by half, so I let it bubble for about half an hour then continue the recipe.

Sweet and Spicy Mac and Cheese

Ingredients
    16 oz penne pasta
    4 C Tillamook white cheddar, Grated
    1 C bread crumbs
    4 C heavy cream
    1/2 C sweet chili sauce
    4 Tbs Siracha

Directions
    In a heavy Bottomed stock pot reduce the cream by half. Add the sweet chili sauce and Siracha and
    mix thoroughly. Cook Penne until al dente. In a casserole dish mix penne, cheese and Mac Sauce.
    Add cooked ham and cooked veggies of your choice if you so desire. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs
    and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until browned, about 20 min.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Recipe from John Thorne's Simple Cooking.
    It does not require you to make a roux for the sauce, which is exactly why it is sooooo much better.

1/2 pound elbow macaroni
    4 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
    Dash tabasco
    1 can evaporated milk (12 ounces), or whole milk with a little cream
    1 pound sharp cheddar, grated
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 teaspoon dry mustard, dissolved in water (or a tablespoon or so of Dijon)
    Salt and pepper

1.) Preheat oven to 350.
    2.) Boil macaroni until almost done (5 to 6 minutes).
    3.) Drain the macaroni, pour into a baking dish and mix in the butter.
    4.) Mix the tabasco into the milk, and pour all but a third of the milk into the macaroni. Stir.
    5.) Add 3/4ths of the cheese, the eggs, and the mustard. Stir.
    6.) When well mixed, add salt and pepper and place in the oven.
    7.) Every 5 minutes or so, check the dish, add some cheese and milk, and stir again.
    It should be done, creamy, and ready, with all the cheese incorporated, in 20 minutes.
    Serve it with plain crackers crumbled over the top.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    For quick low callorie mac and cheese.

1 Kraft Mac and Cheese "Cheese Packet only"
    12 ounces of small cut up couliflour florets, steamed or boiled

Drain the cauliflour in a tea towel to remove as much water as possible. Mix left over boiling or steaming water with the cheese packet untill the consisantsy is where you like. Add the two together a little SandP. Boom, you can eat it all for like 300 callories, and you dont miss the pasta.

I know it sounds to easy but try it, Good Luck.