I need some support

Options
Hello All

I'm Shelby, 22 and have recently started my journey to losing weights and making healthier choices. I'm looking for more friends to support me while i continue to work at this, to start i'm only trying to lose 50 pound. I have started eating cabbage soup, and exercising weekly. If anyone out there has tips or suggestions, i would really appreciate them.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I would recommend logging your meals into MFP and keeping track of calories as opposed to the cabbage soup diet. You really can have anything you want as long as it fits into your calorie budget, so don't deprive yourself (except for those trigger foods where you can't have just one serving). Also, commit yourself to exercise 10 minutes every single day. Anybody can find 10 minutes a day!
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree- don't be too restrictive at first because you will feel deprived and just fall of the wagon.

There are a lot of great websites for healthy recipes- Eatingwell.com Skinnytaste.com - those are two of my favorites.
  • shelbyc1031
    Options
    I have been commited to MFP like its my diary, and im happy to have it. I havn't started the cabbage sup diet, just eating the soup. Im not sure i understand how the cabbage soup diet works and i think i would need a more organzied diet. I do eat other foods though and have tried really hard to stay away from things that i will want to over indulge on. Its difficult though, since i'm one out of 3 dieters in my house that is seriously commited. My other 2 housemates are more relaxed about it, and addition to that my husband and daughter are the only 2 not dieting in our house of 5, so they eat all the things I can't have. Which is a really big tease for me, even now my little one is innocently eatting cocoa puffs and i am positive i will not beable to jus have a few bites. :(
  • shelbyc1031
    Options
    I just checked out Skinnytaste's and i'm really impressed, i have already found a few recipes i would love to try.