Discouraged

Options
I've almost gained a pound back since I last weighed myself. I don't understand, I've been under my calorie goal each day. I have an open diary, does anyone wanna throw some advice? I'm feeling pretty discouraged :(

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    do you normally only eat 800 calories a day? I think you need to eat more.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates daily. In any given day there can be a five pound difference. If you have been eating right and logging correctly then you have not truly gained any fat. Drink plenty of water to flush out any water you may be retaining due to salt.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates depending on a number of things. If you ate a lot of sodium -- say, from your Subway sandwich yesterday -- you could be retaining water. The same if you recently started a new exercise regime. Furthermore, your weight varies according to the contents of your digestive tract (i.e. how recently you've eaten, and how recently you've pooped).

These things can easily cause fluctuations of 5 lbs, which is frustrating when one week's loss is only 1 lb.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. You're eating a dangerously low amount of food.

Please read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? Your body is always going to fluctuate by a few pounds...
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Lovely healthy food but no where near enough. Eat more and you will start to lose
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert on food so I'm not going to even look at your diary, but I did look at your ticker and saw how much weight you've lost and that is awesome!! There are so many little things that can make a number not as low as you want it on one specific day, don't get discouraged. You obviously know how to lose weight, until you see a trend or a true plateau I wouldn't stress about one pound - concentrate on the 57 you've lost and not beat yourself up over one you've gained!
  • cksoto
    cksoto Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You're eating to few calories in my opinion. Your body needs fuel to burn and instead you may be storing what few calories you are bringing in. I know that you may feel an easy way to lose weight would be to eat under the amount of calories that is suggested for you. That is not the case, eat your calories, workout and remember that if you are not seeing numbers on the scale reduce, you may be losing inches or gaining muscle. Good luck! :heart:

PS
    You may be hitting a plateau in weight loss considering the amount of weight that you have already lost. I would look into finding some plateau busters, you may have to up the amount of time put into workouts to kick your metabolism back into gear.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I recognize you. What happened to your other account where you swore by eating so little and exercising it all off as the ONLY way to lose weight?
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, you are eating too few calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Try this to figure out your TDEE and your BMR- you should eat between it.

Overall, you need to eat more.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Wow - your intake is extremely low! Too low, IMHO. Try eating more. You're also not tracking sodium, which can easily add a pound or two.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You really need to eat more food. You could be doing more harm than good/. Try adding some protein to your meals - you will really help your body.

Kristine
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Try eating more. Your diary says you eat around 800 calories a day. That's not a lot of food, at all.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the posts before me!

Eating more helps, especially since you've already lost a lot of weight (congrats on that!).

Try eating all your calories and not having as much of a deficit.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE!!!

Also, eat more protein. You want to lose fat, not muscle.

What food you are eating is rabbit food. :)
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You're only eating around 850 calories a day?! I would be starving!! Ditto on the eat more.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    You def need to eat more. It is not recommended males go under 1500 cals a day. You should try recalculating your daily cal intake limit. NOT using the MFP calculator though. Somewhere in the forums it explains this correctly.

Weight yourself same time everyday. For me it is first thing in the morning... because my morning weight and afternoon look different from one another. So, be consistent with weighing times.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Is this just a "Look at me and how little I eat!" post? :huh:
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    EAT! Your brain alone needs close to 500 calories daily just to maintain function. Do you really care so little about yourself? >.<