Anyone in AA or NA?

dottiemarie
dottiemarie Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone! I've been in AA clean and sober for over 18 months now. I relate my journey of loosing weight and overcoming addiction to food to the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymus, and I was curious to see who else may be in a 12 step program. The fellowship truly has worked miracles in my life with alcohol, and I have no doubt it will do the same in my journey of being healthier! Good luck to all and God bless....

Love & Light
Dottie Marie

Replies

• Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! I was never in AA or Na but i did attend with my husband for a few years, He is a recovering Alcoholic and Addict. I was a heavy drinker for a few years, but never went to meetings, i just seemed to wake up one day and realize it was getting me no where! But anyhow I just wanted to say Keep up the good work on Becoming healthier and Staying sober!! That is awesome!!!
    Ronnie :smile:
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Hey I just want to say congratulations on all of your progress in AA. There are a few people I've known whom I've wished had the courage and strength to do what you're doing. Even though you're a stranger, I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work and good luck with everything :flowerforyou:
  • Congrats! My ex husband has been sober for 15 years! You can do it too!

:flowerforyou:
  • Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Good luck to you all!
  • I LOVE AA!! It has changed my life for the better. I am so grateful for my sobriety and life. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • dottiemarie
    dottiemarie Posts: 14
    I LOVE that you quoted A league of Thier Own!! TOO funny! I say that all the time. My friends son was crying one day (and I wasn't even there) and then screamed out THERE"S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!! :) Thanks for respondign to my post and adding me:)
This discussion has been closed.