week after week gain

Options
Now the last 6 months I have been Gaining most weeks. I'm now up 28 pounds and just don't know what to do. I have been to the doctor he gave me a clean bill of health. Now I was hopeing for a little help.

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Can't do much to help, as your diary is locked. If you want to open it up so that we can peek (you can always close it again later), we can try to help. But you got to give us something with which to work!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would do the opposite of what I am doing when i'm gaining! Maybe be more strict on yourself, with diet and exercise.. LOG EVERYTHING!! Im sure if you look into your daily habits you could find something not right.. 28 lbs is a good bit, so its not just a weight fluctuation! Start today and make it right.. You got this :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary will allow people to help make suggestions based on the foods you are eating and the exercise you are logging.

1) Are you logging EVERYTHING? Condiments, additions to coffee/tea, drinks, sauces, oils used when cooking, dressings, etc?
    2) Are you being HONEST? Are you measuring everything? Kitchen scale for solids, measuring spoons/cups for liquids? Do not "eyeball" portions of anything as you will be wrong. You would be very surprised at what a serving really is. Even prepackaged things... weight them as sometimes the package will be wrong.
    3) Are you selecting the CORRECT entry for what you are eating? Are you using the entries listed as Generic or homemade? Those will most likely not be what you are eating nad therefore have different information. Are you checking against the package of the foods you are eating to ensure you are counting the correct amount?
    4) Are you tracking your sodium? Are you eating a lot of processed foods (frozen, prepackaged, sauces, etc)?
    5) Are you drinking enough water? Drinking more than enough helps and lowers the amounts of water weight you will carry should you eat sodium.
    6) Are you getting enough protein? Fat? Fiber? All those things you need to ensure you are getting enough of.
    7) Are you eating your exercise calories back? If you are, ensure you are counting correctly. Ensure you are selecting the proper intensity... far too often we select a higher intensity than we have actually done. If you are not eating your exercise calories back, try eating them.
    8) Are you weighing at the same time under the same circumstances each week? Is your scale on carpet or a hard, flat, level flooring? Are the feet of the scale clean? Do the batteries need to be replaced?

If you have already gone to the Doctor and they say nothing is medically wrong with you, than it is something you are doing (or not doing) that is causing weight gain.
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's set on public, let me check my phone I make sure everything is on here and is measured correctly
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary will allow people to help make suggestions based on the foods you are eating and the exercise you are logging.

1) Are you logging EVERYTHING? Condiments, additions to coffee/tea, drinks, sauces, oils used when cooking, dressings, etc?
    2) Are you being HONEST? Are you measuring everything? Kitchen scale for solids, measuring spoons/cups for liquids? Do not "eyeball" portions of anything as you will be wrong. You would be very surprised at what a serving really is. Even prepackaged things... weight them as sometimes the package will be wrong.
    3) Are you selecting the CORRECT entry for what you are eating? Are you using the entries listed as Generic or homemade? Those will most likely not be what you are eating nad therefore have different information. Are you checking against the package of the foods you are eating to ensure you are counting the correct amount?
    4) Are you tracking your sodium? Are you eating a lot of processed foods (frozen, prepackaged, sauces, etc)?
    5) Are you drinking enough water? Drinking more than enough helps and lowers the amounts of water weight you will carry should you eat sodium.
    6) Are you getting enough protein? Fat? Fiber? All those things you need to ensure you are getting enough of.
    7) Are you eating your exercise calories back? If you are, ensure you are counting correctly. Ensure you are selecting the proper intensity... far too often we select a higher intensity than we have actually done. If you are not eating your exercise calories back, try eating them.
    8) Are you weighing at the same time under the same circumstances each week? Is your scale on carpet or a hard, flat, level flooring? Are the feet of the scale clean? Do the batteries need to be replaced?

If you have already gone to the Doctor and they say nothing is medically wrong with you, than it is something you are doing (or not doing) that is causing weight gain.

Totally agree, all valid points. One other thing.... how much weight are you looking to lose and do you know your BMR? You have to eat enough of the right foods to fuel your body.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Chances are your estimates are off... eating more than you think and/or burning less than you think.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Her diary is public, only her profile isn't. You can all view what she's eating (looks pretty darn good to me!)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Her diary is public, only her profile isn't. You can all view what she's eating (looks pretty darn good to me!)

When I first posted the diary wasn't public and couldn't be viewed.

To the OP, based on your diary ... add more fresh foods. There aren't many fruits and vegetables in your day or lean meats.

Ensure your amounts are correct. If the doctor has told you that you are healthy and has run tests (food intolerances, thyroid, hormones, etc) than there is something wrong with what you are doing. Either you are eating too much (if your amounts are off or you are using the incorrect entries) or you are overestimating your calories burned (which you are in a way as it appears you are using MFPs estimates to get your burned amounts). If there is nothing medically wrong and you truly are doing everything you should be doing than you should be losing weight.

Go back to basics and weigh everything... measure liquids.. eat clean (fresh, whole foods), cut out processed foods, drink more water, etc.