oatmeal

Options
I'm getting bored of oatmeal & apple, I dislike banana in it & find peanut butter sickly in it. I make my oatmeal with milk & eat it warm.

any nice toppings anyone could suggest?

Replies

• My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try some cocoa roasted almonds (chop them up) and some coconut. Makes a delicious "Almond Joy" oatmeal.

Or apple butter, cinnamon, maple syrup, any type of jelly or jam.
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    Blueberries. You can also add flavored whey protein to it.
  • wham55
    wham55 Posts: 44
    Options
    kiwi or cinnamon, also peaches!
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually do cinnamon and apple - maybe with a couple walnuts, but some days I use almond butter and a tsp on strawberry jelly! YUM!
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You could put a wee bit of honey or syrup in it. Do you like dried fruit? Raisins, craisins, or some other wrinkly item are good choices, too. Do you add cinnamon to your oatmeal with apples? I
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I add a little sugar free syrup to mine along with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That sounds Yummy:)
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    dried cherries and almond milk!
  • Roeri011
    Roeri011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make overnight steel cut oats and I toast the oats in coconut oil. In the morning I mix in some 2% greek yogurt and some mixed berries.
  • SandysJourney
    SandysJourney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make mine with a small box (.5oz) of raisins, and a single serving cup of unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon sprinkled on it. I cook the banana and the raisins with the oatmeal then add the cinnamon and applesauce after it is cooked. Mix it all together and it makes a hearty breakfast. It is creamy and delicious (in my opinion). This is my usual breakfast. I also add a banana, but see that you don't like them. It makes it sweeter.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are:

sugar-free maple syrup

a few tsp of packed brown sugar (like this morning)

overnight oatmeal with greek yogurt and fruit

Or this recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html (which I double and place in a cake pan. My kid's fave combo has been strawberry banana so far)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I like to add almond milk, pb, honey, banana, yogurt, cinnamon and in the fall, pumpkin and maple syrup!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought....eat something other than Oatmeal.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not as healthy as apples, but I add brown sugar to mine. :)
  • angelnowling
    Options
    This morning I heated my oatmeal and tossed it in the blender with silk, blue berries, bananas, & strawberries=PRETTY GOOD!
  • Karoger87
    Karoger87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought that better oats oatmeal w/ flax. It's very good!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have mine with mashed or sliced avocado sometimes. Makes it really creamy and nice.
  • charlieb71
    Options
    Hi! I am a 41 yr old single mother of 2 beautiful boys ages 7 and 13. I weigh 166 lbs... I am hating it ! I want to loose about 30 35 lbs by may 1st. I have changed my diet to fruits and veggies with some chicken and fish for protein. I NEED HELP!!!!! I am so glad that I found this site. I do not exercise on a daily basis and I know that is part of the problem. I have planned to start walking every evening after work starting today. I am a nurse so I am on my feet almost all day in the Dr. Office I work at.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    :sad: I've used maple extract and raisings in the past. Can't eat it anymore, though.
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    This lady has really good recipes for oatmeal and more.. I've tried a bunch of her recipes and they are always so good.

http://mykitchenadventures1.blogspot.com/p/recipe-index.html