Feeling Snacky....need ideas!

Options
The last couple days I've been feeling snacky. I'm trying to cut down on processed food, meat & too many carbs (not really low carb, just super smart carbs). I do not feel satisfied chomping on carrots & celery. I make kale chips, but my kids usually eat most of them. lol

Any good ideas??

Replies

• SilverSquid
    Options
    You can make a low-calorie smoothie :) I have one in my recipes. It's about 80 calories per serving.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Nuts..
    mayoless egg salad (sub avocado for mayo)
    peanut butter on an apple or celery
    hard boiled egg
    Plain greek yogurt with protein powder and a squeeze of honey

homemade baked potato chips with dip (avocado, plain greek yogurt, salsa, garlic) - i eat this for lunch. lol you can sub the potato chips for kale chips probably or veggies, since they aren't low carb.

I think you're just not getting enough filling foods (read: protein)

How do you view other's recipes???
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure, but if you friend me you can view my diary and it's in there. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure, but if you friend me you can view my diary and it's in there. :)

I don't think you can.. I haev them in my recipe box.. but also if someone wants to see them I put them in the blog.. I know people can read that.. My chinese food recipes are in my blog. So are a bunch of others.. I haven't updated in a while though.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have a HUGE snacking problem

and honestly, some people can have like one handful of nuts etc and feel full but for me snacking is not even really about being hungry it often feels mindless so i find celery with some lawreys and chicken broth and green beans and things that are really truly low cal but can be jazzed up with some seasoning are the way to go...cuz the high fat stuff really really adds up.

and honestly chugging water really takes the edge off.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    There are some processed food in this blog post but this might help with snack ideas

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dauntlessness/view/the-snacks-i-eat-the-most-189226
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These energy balls are easy and awsome, 1c dry oatmeal,1/3c coconut 1/2c peanutbutter, 1/2c milled flax, 1/3 cup of honey, add some crushed walnuts or pecans 1 tsp vanilla, I also add diced dates, mix up, then refrigerate mixture an hr. then form and roll into little balls no baking needed!! keep in fridge.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    air popped pop corn and homemade kale chips are my go-to

i salt the *kitten* out of them

because when I'm snacky, i want something salty and crunchy and I want a LOT of it.

I can eat kale and air-popped-popcorn until I'm sick and not go over my daily calorie snacky-time budget.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    air popped pop corn and homemade kale chips are my go-to

i salt the *kitten* out of them

because when I'm snacky, i want something salty and crunchy and I want a LOT of it.

I can eat kale and air-popped-popcorn until I'm sick and not go over my daily calorie snacky-time budget.

YES

kale chips. popcorn!

yes!
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bananas blackberries blueberries raspberries strawberries grapes raisins apples oranges clementines tangerines. All whole foods, all plant based. I try for 3-4 servings of fruit per day. Just check the labels to make sure it doesn't have sugar added (e.g. Craisins). Full of nutrition. My general rule of thumb is the fruit I eat = the fruit in season = the fruit on sale.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    These energy balls are easy and awsome, 1c dry oatmeal,1/3c coconut 1/2c peanutbutter, 1/2c milled flax, 1/3 cup of honey, add some crushed walnuts or pecans 1 tsp vanilla, I also add diced dates, mix up, then refrigerate mixture an hr. then form and roll into little balls no baking needed!! keep in fridge.
    Awesome!