What is wrong with me??

Options
I don't know what is up with me here lately, i feel like a completly different person..these last prolly three months its seems every day i get angrier and angrier, iam exasted all the time, i have no motivation for nothing and iam starting to break out around my face, i hardly ever break out this bad, just seeing people annoy me... i feel as though if i just stayed out home and didnt leave i would be so much better but i know thats a lie..I feel so helpless and alone, but i know iam not..and the littlest things set me off.. i hate it, i just want to go back to my happy go lucky self but it seems no matter how hard i try i just get worse in the end...has anyone else ever had this problem?

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A little bit. Since I started on here I have been mad at my boyfriend all the time. I'm not sure yet if this is because I just had a birth control shot and my hormones are still a bit whacked, if my body and mind are just adjusting to all this, or if I'm actually mad at my boyfriend all the time. I am very tired a lot, but can only manage to sleep about 6-7 hours every night. I don't drink much caffeine either. Interested to see what others have to say.
  • SoontirFel
    SoontirFel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds like roid rage to me... :wink:
  • 24redwine
    Options
    You sound depressed, and I would recommend that you see your general physician and/or a therapist. Also check to see if you are eating enough and the right foods. You should feel energized and empowered by the healthy eating and exercise, not down. We all get depressed now and then, and for women, there may be a hormonal thing going on. Carefully consider what really is bothering you or if it is a physical thing. Good luck to you.
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest getting a physical if you can; I was tired all the time until my bloodwork came back that I have an iron deficiency. Now I notice a huge difference if I forget to take my iron pill for a few days in a row. Similar symptoms occur with vitamin B deficiency.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You are describing depression, particularly: "I feel so helpless and alone, but i know i am not."

If you know with your brain that things are one way, but you feel with your heart that things are another way, you probably have a problem. Please find a professional, discuss ways to make your perception match reality. Otherwise, you are needlessly suffering.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    felt similar for the first 3 months of my pregnancy... just saying!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? When I was in a serious calorie deficit, I felt much of the same way. Are you getting plenty of protein? Are you getting outside for 30 minutes or more? Many of us stay indoors too much, leading to a vitamin D deficiency. Something is out of whack, your goal is to figure out what it is and set it right. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Are you on any supplements? A B-Complex perhaps? All of those symptoms can be attributed to too much vitamin B (various ones causing the various symptoms).

I started taking a B-Complex a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden I felt like I was possessed. Like flipping out over the stupiest things. By flipping out I mean that I was the angriest I had been in my entire life and growled (yep growled) at my hubby over it... Why? Because I stated that I didn't think I would like X salad because it had avocado and he said that he would eat mine for me since I don't like them. Not a capital crime, but I LOST it! And there was NOTHING I could do to stop it. I have stopped taking the vitamin B. I'd rather feel sickly than like a homicidal maniac...

Sooooo, are you taking any supplements (a multi-vitamin or anything)? If you are, google the supplement and the specific "symptom" you are having. I googled "can vitamin b cause b!tc#!ness"... Well, it causes irritability... LOL
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Actually I was feeling similar turned out iron deficiency
    get your bloods checked before going to doc for depression stuff
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How much have you changed your diet? You may have food allergies or thyroid issues. You also sound like you could be suffering from depression. I would suggest a trip to a GP or Naturopath, let them know how you have been feeling and maybe get some blood work done.
    Good luck!
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Robin - Hopefully that is all it is for you is just that shot and once it wears hopefully everything will get better..
    SoontirFel - hahaha yea thats it
    24redwine - i hope its not depression but who knows..hopefully its just food intake, something i can easily fix like you said
    blueboxblues - i have had my iron checked multiple times because i was always cold and exasted for years but they say iam perfectly healthy when my bloodwork comes back so i dont know
    ccarre81 - oh lord i hope not ;)
    acogg - iam outside a lot, not nearly as much as i was when i had job outside...and yea it may be my calorie intake since i can hit everything except my calories..i usually get right as my protien or more, around my recommended fat,carbs,and all that..but my calories iam usually always around 1000 everyday..
    my1985freckle - iam taking a multi vitamin..maybe that could be a part?
    beachtreasure - i have had my thyroids checked and they said everything was fine..i dunno, maybe its my eating habits..ill have to keep a closer eye on it

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice :)
  • andrianami
    Options
    OMG @southerngirl8 I am going throught the exact same thing. I have even stopped work and I am working from home for two weeks while going through therapy. May be I have it worse than you. Here is what is happening:
    - it started with lack of sleep
    - tired all the time
    - stress and feeling overwhelmed
    - lack of motivation
    - feeling sad even if I have positive things to look up to
    - easily irritated
    - I can cry easily
    I didn't know what to do so I sought for professional help.
    I am still not feeling any better though.
    I hope you are better and taking care of yourself. I am trying to stay positive and calm as much as I can
    Take care
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You are describing depression, particularly: "I feel so helpless and alone, but i know i am not."

If you know with your brain that things are one way, but you feel with your heart that things are another way, you probably have a problem. Please find a professional, discuss ways to make your perception match reality. Otherwise, you are needlessly suffering.

This describes me. I am right there with you. i got pimples to, omg...

What i quoted above hits the nail on the head. The last year had been absolutely horrible. I've been down in the dumps, mad, frustrated, lonely, helpless... Thought it was post pardum BC my daughter was one when this started. I still need help but no energy to do anything but go to work, go to the mil to pick up baby and mope there, then come home barely and yell.
    Quote said it best... Needlessly suffering... Please don't do what im 'still' doing, it is getting worse but better when I starred this... Even getting unmotivated about this BC it takes effort, shopping, working out, etc..... But I started zumba and it feels great to get out... I feel at least a little better and I might be almost on track.

I am here if you want to friend me, maybe we can get out of this funk together... If you don't want to, best of luck to you, hopefully you will feel better soon, don't give up positive thoughts!
  • sboubin
    sboubin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you. :) Restricting calories and exercising can really affect your mood. If you can, try losing yourself in something you enjoy. Forget the world and all the stress, grab a good book or movie and turn off the ol' brain. Everyone get's into a funk. Remeber, you aren't alone and we are all rooting for you!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    With too low of a calorie intake, you could be making this more difficult than neccessary. Everyone needs to find the place of getting enough calories to feel calm and strong, but enough of a deficit to lose. I read this on Mark'sDailyApple.com and it is sage advice.

"Cortisol, as you know, is one of the stress, fight-or-flight hormones. It kept us alive and our wits about us under short-term life-or-death situations for much of our evolution. Unfortunately, when cortisol is constantly elevated – as it often is in the sleep-deprived and chronically-stressed – testosterone is muted. Cortisol is catabolic (breaks tissue down), while testosterone is anabolic. Excessive levels of cortisol produce insulin resistance, fat gain, and muscle wasting, while testosterone promotes muscular hypertrophy and lean mass gains. Cortisol contributes to metabolic syndrome, while testosterone helps alleviate it."

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/#ixzz2IdL6kNmU
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    My first thought was, "hormonal imbalance". If you feel that this is interfering with your daily life, please go see a doctor. Be completely honest with your doc about everything from your diet and exercise to your feelings and physical afflictions. It could be something simple that you can adjust through foods or meds or it could be a medical issue that needs to be addressed. Get your hormones checked out.
  • Scardame
    Options
    I was going to say that it sounded like menopause but since you have the word girl in your handle, I seriously doubted that would be the cause. It also sounds like what happens to me when my sugar gets too high.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It might be related to changes you've made in your diet. I got that way when I was on a low cal diet and it improved once I increased my calorie limit to my BMR. A friend got that way when he decided to suddenly cut out sugar completely and got better once he added a reasonable amount back in.
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Andrianami and Stacimfit - wow, hope yall get to feeling better...lets kick this funk in the butt and get on with out lives :))
    sboubin - i agree just gotta find something that i enjoy and get lost in, thank you :)
    acogg - you with think with as much as i eat i would hit my calorie goal or go wayyyy overr but apparently iam not since its showing when i log that iam not even hitting my calorie goal at all
    Tempest - that could be a part of it
    scardame - yea iam pretty sure iam too young for menapause and ill have to pay more attention to my sugars..i do drink a lot of sweet tea...
    wendybird5 - yea iam gonna have to keep an eye on my sugars if thats the case.. i dont eat sweets much but i drink a lot of sweet tea
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    This is associated with cravings. Cravings are usually associated with malnutrition. Are you getting enough nutrients in your body? If not your body will start giving you hunger pains and which will affect your mood. For example, we know the saying "You can't just eat on potato chip" right? Well it's true in most senses. We eat the chip, and once the body consumes it internally it says to it's self "I recognize the sodium content in this food but where are the rest of the nutrients?" this makes are body eat more than one chip, and before you know it you have ate the whole bag.
    Consider taking a daily vitamin of the sorts. And I don't mean the chew-able ones unless you want the added sugar in your diet.
    Also understand that if you are use to eating a certain way and have changed dramatically that it will have an affect on your mood like a drug would. Consider the documentary "Super Size Me" where the main person of the movie had withdrawals during the film when he did not eat any of horrible mcdonalds food and then felt happy again when he consumed it. It is just a chemical reaction linked to our brain that stimulates the feel good effect. This also associates with some one who is use to working out. If they don't work out over time their mood will go south because they are use to that endorphin rush that keeps their mood elevated.
    So keep a smile on that face of yours. And I'm not sure how disciplined you are with your diet but cheat meals everyone once in a while will not jeopardize your success it actually keeps you sane.