Hello, I'm New

Options
imarlett
imarlett Posts: 228 Member
Hi all-
I'm new to myfitnesspal. I love that this is available on the iPhone as well.
I am a late 30-something unemployed technology worker. I have been struggling with obesity most of my life. I have found that keeping track of what you eat, drink and exercise is really the best way to do it. At my heaviest (2.5 years ago) I was 235. Now I am down to 207. It is good that I have not gained weight but its taking too long to lose the weight I need (the doctor recommends 160 for my height/build). I hope to be, I am striving for 160 or close to it by my birthday in August. I definetly want to see "onderland" by June. I think that is very doable.
If there is anyone in the East Bay area of Northern California, send me a hollar as I am looking for some weight loss/exercise buddies.

Thanks,

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Well hello there! So glad you could join us and good luck on your journey. I just love MFP and know you will too! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunshinechic
    Sunshinechic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this site is awesome! It holds you accountable. I agree when you write everything down it makes you realize that you really shouldn't eat that piece of cake:laugh: When you have a question or concern. in a matter of a few minutes you get a response from several people. Good Luck with your journey!!