Newbie to Wii Fit - needs whip cracker

Mina133842
Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hi, I'm newer to doing Wii Fit, and I would like to get a schedule of M-W-F, and some weekend activity going, but seems like I need a support system, since I'm not doing very well on my own. Anyone willing to be the "whip cracker" on this? Anyone else need help with Wii exercise, or exercise in general?

This job has no salary.... lol

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    I'm in! Get on it *cracks whip!*
  • Mina133842
    Sweet! Are you doing Wii Fit too?
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    i need lots of help i have a problem with the motivation after work. i to need to set a schedule for my self for the wii fit. :indifferent:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    In the Fitness board, there is a Wii Fit group that we have on there. We do other games too (I use EA Sports Active) but its a good group and we definitely will crack the whip for you:D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89302-wii-team-for-april-fit-fit-ea-bl-etc
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    i'm glad i'm not the only one having trouble getting on board with wii fit. it seems like the time periods for each activity are too short, so i'm not getting anything accomplished & it is easy to ignore b/c it's not like i signed up for a class or anything.
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Wii fit plus is better than the regular wii fit. The plus allows you create a routine series of the yoga and weight lift stuff. It also has some prebuilts that include various cardio and balance exercises. Makes it a bit easier to use.
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    I need in on this too! I think the games are too short and I can't seem to find the motivation to keep to my schedule... Let's all crack a whip!
  • Mina133842
    00trayn, I did see that group, I think I asked you folks about which Wii pkg to get before we bought it. I just need help getting started, and you guys are all into it, so thought maybe a "beginner" group (if you will) for those of us that need help getting started, before we end up in the "pros" with you guys... maybe you could help us out too?
  • Mina133842
    I have the Wii Fit Plus, and so far some of my favorites are: Rhythm Kung Fu, and the marching parade thing, and snow ball fight, there are a few others too, but I seriously love the Kung Fu...
  • Mina133842
    ok- so it's Wednesday, that's part of my MWF plan, so I WILL do Wii tonight. Anyone else with me? Report your success tomorrow!! I'm going to try for at least a half hour....

Whip cracker (Durbanski), you heard it, so we'll be waiting to hear from you!!! LOL
  • Mina133842
    So, how did everyone do? Last night I got my 30 minutes in, AND got to the 3rd level on snowball fighting, after my Kung Fu, and also did some Rhythm Parade.

How did you guys do?
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    I love the Wii fit. I will try to crack the whip by saying, the fav's that you mentioned, snowball, kungfu, parade...I would not count those as excercise. I don't know if you are tracking them as such but I would not eat those cals if you are. Yes you move a bit but they are not terribly hard. Usually my workout goes: 2 advanced step routines, then basic run (long or island lap), then I switch to Biggest Loser game for my real workout, or I go to On-Demand excercise channel on TV for a workout. The step activities (which i got the lift extension for to make it a real step btw) and the run are good. Boxing is better but I have shoulder issues. Check out Sparkpeople.com for calorie burns on the various games. If you are just starting out I recommend at least doing basic step and advanced. They are relatively low impact (as opposed to jogging in place), and are fun. I even got my kids doing it and they don't realize they are working out! :happy: Good luck and keep it fun!:wink:
  • Mina133842
    dwarfer22 - the larger you are, ANY movement is good, so kung fu, and the parade, are both GREAT for me. snowball, not so much, but that was more for "fun" and a challenge after the other two were completed. The Rhythm Parade is marching, and punching, which are both arms, and legs moving, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing, and up it as I get better. Mostly this is just to get in the habit of making the time to move each week. Thanks! I do mix it up with the boxing, and some of the other activities, but I'm really just starting out. I have the Biggest Loser game, but haven't made this enough of a habit to get started on that and have it be effective.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    I totally agree that any Wii is good Wii. :smile: I started out w/ basic stuff as well, all I'm saying is, the step ones are my faves. I love them so much I could do them from dawn til dusk. And don't let the pic fool you, I am also a big girl (but a good camera angle helps)! Keep it up and you'll go far. And i find swearing at Bob or Jillian on my BL game helps :tongue:

-Mel
  • Mina133842
    thanks. I just don't want to start the Biggest Loser one until I make a good strong HABIT of being on there, and right now, I just haven't done that. I guess I should just DO IT, and get it started, then I have no excuse... I've just had a hard time with making it work for me, and we got the Wii because I couldn't really make paying for a gym membership and actually getting OUT to go there happen. I gave up Weight Watchers too.. having kids sure changes things, but I want some changes to happen to me, so I become a better mom.
  • Mina133842
    well, didn't work out over the weekend, but it's Monday, so have to start fresh. How about everyone else?
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    I set my May goal to work-out 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I wii'd this morning for 30 min... I feel like I am not getting that much of a work-out though. I did the step, kung-fu, run, and a few balance ones. Are there any other games or aerobics for Wii that anyone can recommend besides Fit Plus?
  • Mina133842
    I liked the Rhythm Parade, and the Kung Fu, but mix it up with a lot of other things, mostly anything that gets me moving. the smaller you are the more work (and more time) you'll need to put in to have an actual Workout... I have heard the Yoga is pretty good, and also the Biggest Loser game. I have the Biggest Loser game, but haven't tried it yet..
  • Mina133842
    well, not sure if I'm going to get in my exercise on the Wii tonight, my dad is in the hospital...will probably go visit him for a bit tonight.
This discussion has been closed.