Juicer recipes?!

Options
Me and my boyfriend went in on a hamilton beach juicer today, but don't really know what produce to buy that will work well and make a TASTY yet healthy beverage!

So, if anyone has any suggestion on what they use, or a good website that would be great!!

Replies

• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    bump
  • tina323
    tina323 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of recipes on jointhereboot.com and runningonjuice.com I have also found a ton on pinterest. I usually try what their recipes call for and then tweak it to make it taste better for me. Good luck finding some great juice recipes!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton. I also have a pdf of starter juices that I have tried. You can email me and I can forward it to you...dont know where to find it online or I would attach it.

amrine.obermueller@gmail.com put JUICER in the headline plz.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    There are a lot of recipes on jointhereboot.com and runningonjuice.com I have also found a ton on pinterest. I usually try what their recipes call for and then tweak it to make it taste better for me. Good luck finding some great juice recipes!

Thanks for the sites listed!
    That was really helpful!!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to keep 'em coming!!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton. I also have a pdf of starter juices that I have tried. You can email me and I can forward it to you...dont know where to find it online or I would attach it.

amrine.obermueller@gmail.com put JUICER in the headline plz.

Sure I'll email you in a minute, thanks!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I always add fruits to every veggie juice to make it more palatable. Lemons and limes are sublime. Experimenting is the best. I always add veggies to my fruit juices too to calm down the sugar. Carrots and cucumbers are great in my morning juice. My day doesn't feel complete without fruit juice in the morning. I absolutely love berries in my juices and ginger. The more variety of fruits and veggies in one juice, the better it is for you. Sooo many vitamins and minerals. You cannot possibly eat all the things I drink in one juice. Have fun experimenting. It is also great health wise juicing root veggies like beets, parsnip, radishes etc etc. since they have so many nutrients in them. I usually add and orange and a couple limes and apples to the veggie juice. My kids love it too :)
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I always add fruits to every veggie juice to make it more palatable. Lemons and limes are sublime. Experimenting is the best. I always add veggies to my fruit juices too to calm down the sugar. Carrots and cucumbers are great in my morning juice. My day doesn't feel complete without fruit juice in the morning. I absolutely love berries in my juices and ginger. The more variety of fruits and veggies in one juice, the better it is for you. Sooo many vitamins and minerals. You cannot possibly eat all the things I drink in one juice. Have fun experimenting. It is also great health wise juicing root veggies like beets, parsnip, radishes etc etc. since they have so many nutrients in them. I usually add and orange and a couple limes and apples to the veggie juice. My kids love it too :)

Thanks, that was good information!
    We got all excited when we bought it, but when we brought it home we found out all we had was carrots :(
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those 2 sites! I found 2 great recipes that I can use items in my fridge that need using up in the next 24 hours.
  • RoxanneChantae
    Options
    Try Pinterest as well as rawfamily.com

I must admit that my main smoothies came from me googling and experimenting. I try not to have too much fruit sugar, so I minimize my fruit juicing.

For me, my best recipes are with a green tea or filtered water base, a cup of greens, a half cup of fruits and a tablespoon of protein powder. I have a personal blender TriBest and I think adding veggies are always good to the smoothie to keep your sugar content low. I really enjoy green smoothies in the morning or sometimes for dinner.

Green smoothie Recipe:
    1-1.5 cup of green tea (no sugar added)
    .5 cup of frozen mango (trader joe's)
    1 cup of kale or spinach
    1 tbs of hemp protein

This may have a bit of sugar, but its very delicious:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup spinach
    small banana
    1 tbs protein powder

If you like peanut butter:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup of berries (I use black berries, not to high in sugar)
    1 tbs protein powder
    1 tbs peanut butter
    ice

**My First Post!!**:drinker: :smile:
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Try Pinterest as well as rawfamily.com

I must admit that my main smoothies came from me googling and experimenting. I try not to have too much fruit sugar, so I minimize my fruit juicing.

For me, my best recipes are with a green tea or filtered water base, a cup of greens, a half cup of fruits and a tablespoon of protein powder. I have a personal blender TriBest and I think adding veggies are always good to the smoothie to keep your sugar content low. I really enjoy green smoothies in the morning or sometimes for dinner.

Green smoothie Recipe:
    1-1.5 cup of green tea (no sugar added)
    .5 cup of frozen mango (trader joe's)
    1 cup of kale or spinach
    1 tbs of hemp protein

This may have a bit of sugar, but its very delicious:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup spinach
    small banana
    1 tbs protein powder

If you like peanut butter:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup of berries (I use black berries, not to high in sugar)
    1 tbs protein powder
    1 tbs peanut butter
    ice

**My First Post!!**:drinker: :smile:

Thanks, my boyfriend would probably love that peanut butter one!