So, scars are sexy?

124»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I was born with a bone disease that caused my bones to mutate and I have bone tumors on every joint of my body. So yes, I have scars. I've had surgery 6 separate times, 9 tumors removed. None of my surgery scars are small. Left ankle, both knees, right ring finger, right chest, and right hip. I don't think they're sexy or attractive. They are there and there's nothing I can do about them though. The ones on my legs and finger are flat and healed well. The one on my chest (U shaped under my breast, exactly where the underwire of a bra goes) opened and didn't heal well post op and the last few inches of it as it goes toward my armpit are very puffy. The one on my hip (where thigh meets torso, right where the hip flexor is) is still wide and purplish. I also have an "X" shaped scar on my ribs where the chest tube was, but I have to admit I kinda like that one.

I don't think my scars are attractive. But there's also nothing I can do about them. I've never had any complaints other than I don't like certain parts of my legs to be touched due to nerve damage.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Scars add to character, and that is sexy.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    I have a scar on my left calf from getting stabbed with a butcher knife when I was 11 or 12. No one has ever told me its sexy.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I have a scar on my left calf from getting stabbed with a butcher knife when I was 11 or 12. No one has ever told me its sexy.

Do you try to hide it? This may be the point I was trying to make, while the scar itself may not be sexy the fact that you have it and flaunt it, carry yourself well in spite of it or generally live your life knowing it is there is incredibly sexy. Kinda like seeing someone go from shy to confident a confident version of any person, if not over-confident, is always going to attract more attention.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Personally I don't think so . I have scars and severely hate them.
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    haha, yezsh! scars are pretty neat. I've got one where a bike escapade left a big gouge on my arm.... I'm the hero to my guyfriends :)
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    My daughter is 6 years old, she has a scar ear to ear from 2 surgeries on her skull. She has asked me a couple times to try and cover it, I'm teaching her to be proud of it because it proves that she's a supergirl with super powers :heart:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    My daughter is 6 years old, she has a scar ear to ear from 2 surgeries on her skull. She has asked me a couple times to try and cover it, I'm teaching her to be proud of it because it proves that she's a supergirl with super powers :heart:

Freaking awesome...I hope she can embrace how strong she is as she gets older...
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    I have scars quite a few - one on my face from putting my face through the windsheild I have had it since my 20's - i also have scars from having breast cancer and a Lumpectomy. Do I like them no - do they define who I am NO. Like someone said they tell a story the journey of my life.

Last Feb my daugther was in a car accident and airlifted for emergency surgery for a ruptured spleen the surgeon cut her from under her breastbone straight down to her groin she had a hugecar. I thought she would be devasted when she saw it. 6 months later I I asked her do you want me to get the name of a plastic surgeon or perhaps someone who does laser treatments, she said no Mom it's fine .

Now coming from a 20 year old I think that is awesome!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member

good for you!!!
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    I have a 6 inch scar one side of my knee/leg and a 4 inch the other side. I dont think it's sexy in the slighest. I hate it. But it tells a story i suppose.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    "a scar simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you".

I love my scars. Even the one that makes my one eyebrow all wonky. Every one has a story - a couple sad, a couple funny. They are part of who I am.

:heart: that quote.

I'm covered in them. My battle, and I won this round. I used to try to hide the one on my chest that shows in lower tops. But now, I let it show and don't hide it. It defines a big part of who I am.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    "a scar simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you".

I love my scars. Even the one that makes my one eyebrow all wonky. Every one has a story - a couple sad, a couple funny. They are part of who I am.

:heart: that quote.

I'm covered in them. My battle, and I won this round. I used to try to hide the one on my chest that shows in lower tops. But now, I let it show and don't hide it. It defines a big part of who I am.

^^ Hell yes! Scars show challenges people have faced, the damage they have endured and the vulnerabilities they now have. I have always had a bit of an attraction to them.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think they're neat. I like the way the skin changes, and how they feel. My BF has a small one between his eyebrows too like you OP.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member

Do you try to hide it? This may be the point I was trying to make, while the scar itself may not be sexy the fact that you have it and flaunt it, carry yourself well in spite of it or generally live your life knowing it is there is incredibly sexy. Kinda like seeing someone go from shy to confident a confident version of any person, if not over-confident, is always going to attract more attention.

I don't hide it. I wear shorts/skirts/dresses. I don't talk about it though unless someone brings it up.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    what about stretch marks? are those buggers considered sexy to anyone?
  • I sure hope they are. A brick was thrown at my car and went through the windshield and hit me in the head while I was going 50mph. So yea... I'm sporting a big forehead scar. It broke my skull and eye socket and I needed neurosurgery. It is a VERY obvious scar. Since it is still a fresh scar I wear a hat to keep the sun off of it. So with a hat on and wearing my glasses no one notices. However, when I wear contacts and no hat I get a lot of looks. Right now I doubt they are, "Damn that is sexy!" but more like, "WTF happened to her face?!". So yea... that is my life -_-
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    If they comment on your scar they are weird. If they comment on your butt they are pervs.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Well I'm a sexy beast then because I have multiple, mostly from being totally klutzy, and a couple from surgeries from being klutzy! Lol!