I dont know why I ever gave up

Options
Many MFP'ers know my story. I started this journey at 550lbs, in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. It turned out it was a panic attack and since then I have had an ongoing battle with anxiety and panic disorder. That panic attack spurred my friends having the intervention talk with me about my weight. I then discovered MFP. It was the greatest thing that had ever happened to me. In 6 months I had lost almost 80lbs. Then some changes in my home life happened, we had some very unhealthy relatives move in, I started a new job, and just like that I let it all slip away. I have gained some of the weight back and when I weighed in recently my fears were recognized, I was over 500 again. Ive gotten back on track and am 490 now. I have to stick to this, I have to stay with MFP no matter how hard it is! I welcome all new friends and help support me and I will help you. Thank you to all my current MFP friends. Lets do this!!!!!!!

Replies

• pickmeupunk
    pickmeupunk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    we're all here for you, You've proven to yourself that you can do it and thats a great start for this next challenge ahead. Just remember nobody is perfect and we all have our setbacks. Glad youre back! :)
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you can do this! stick to mfp, ya cant go wrong. if all else fails, at least log on to MFP every day. Stay dedicated and determined. Sometimes its hard (for me it is), but LOVE yourself enough to stick with it!! rooting for you from california. =)
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go, go, go! You can do it! You've already shown yourself you can do it. Good luck!!! You've already taken the first step. Just keep stepping and you'll do it!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You came back!! The first step is the hardest. I am so impressed with how much you have already accomplished and would love to be part of your process as we lose some more!! I am new and having ups and downs, but I can see that this site is the best thing for me. I need to be watched and know I am being watched :) Otherwise I just slip into my 'forget it all and make myself feel temporarily better by stuffing myself" mode. That is history!!!
  • lightenup267
    Options
    welcome back!! I too had a huge setback about a year ago. I had lost 63 pounds in 4 months, then I changed jobs. All the workout time i had was gone now and i quickly became overwhelmed with the whole situation called life and reverted back to my old easy quick lazy lifestyle and gained back all 63 plus another 27!! My wake up call was when I realized that I let myself go to the point I can barely put my shoes and socks on myself!! NO NO NO, NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! So now I have decided it is time to grab the reins again and just get healthy! who cares if I never make it down to my goal weight, as long as I know I have fought for my life I will be ok with that. Keep your head up and best of luck to you :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    well i think you should be so proud about coming back and trying again because that is a really big step and shows that you are willing to make a change. you can do this! you have done it before and you can do it again and make it stick. even the smallest of changes can bring you closer to your goals and dreams. all the best! :)
  • Welcome back hun!! Now keep logging and your friends will have your back :flowerforyou: !!