Breakfast ideas?

Options
I could really use some breakfast ideas. I am somewhat picky and am getting very tired of the same old things. Breakfast is my least consistent meal and I know that I really to start my day out better. Any help?

Replies

• Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Breakfast can be anything you want it to be. In the warm months, my breakfast is usually a cold grilled chicken breast, a piece of fruit and a piece of cheese or some nuts.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I could really use some breakfast ideas. I am somewhat picky and am getting very tired of the same old things. Breakfast is my least consistent meal and I know that I really to start my day out better. Any help?

When you say you are picky, what do you mean? I just don't want to make suggestions that won't interest you so if I know what you don't like I can give you a few suggestions! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I rotate 3

Kashi Go Lean (original) mixed with flavored yogurt, frozen raspberries, and sliced almonds. High protein, high fiber, with a dose of good fat

Steel cut oats mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup.

Greek yogurt with a side of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest (like cinnamon shredded wheat).
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Omelettes or oatmeal.

You can add practically anything.

For oatmeal, jam, berries, peanutbutter, fresh or dried fruit, sausage, bacon...
    For omelette, sausage, ham, chicken, bacon, tomato, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, peas, cheese...
  • idahopacker
    idahopacker Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm an oatmeal junkie. My favorite is oatmeal with diced apples, sliced almonds, olive oil and cinnamon.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Best breakfast ever! 3/4 c egg whites 1/4 c fat free mozzarella cheese 17 turkey pepperoni = 210 calories! I put the pepperoni on a sheet pan under the broiler til browning then blot with paper towels and dice up to add to the omelet. They also make for a great snack.
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Some of these look yummy! I am usually pressed for time in the mornings and am very tired of instant oatmeal that I can heat after I get to work.
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    PB and jelly on sandwich thins. Cook the oatmeal ahead, better than instant and more filling.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    my breakfast is a half cup oatmeal with half a container of yogurt mixed in. then ill top it with sliced bananas or cut up apples. very tasty and healthy! decent size portion and under 300 calories.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You make no notation as to what you presently eat. So, my suggestion will be Pizza.12", deep dish, bacon, spinach, tomato, garlic, red pepper, jalapeno, extra cheese. ooo and some pineapple. Wash it down with a 6-pack of Guinness
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    another one of my favorites is cottage cheese and apple sauce mixed in!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Coffee and instant oatmeal for me, daily...
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I make this - it literally take a couple of minutes to throw it together and then I have breakfast sorted for the next few weeks.

1 1/2 cups (300g) white quinoa
    1 1/2 cups (135g) rolled oats
    1/2 cup (70g) sunflower seeds
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup (60mL) maple syrup
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

fresh berries, and plain yoghurt to serve

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (or 350 F). Place the quinoa, oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and oil in a bowl and mix well to combine. Spread the mixture over 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes (or until golden). Allow to cool. Serve with fresh berries and yoghurt.
    This will keep in an airtight jar for up to two weeks

Per 45g serve
    198 calories
    24 carbs
    8 fat
    6 protein
    13 sodium
    2 fibre
  • littlek735
    Options
    I like to mix a slimfast shake with a cup of brewed coffee in the blender with ice. You can drink it on your way to work! Caffine and breakfast all in one combo and much healthier than a McDonald's frappe.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of whole wheat pancakes on the weekend and freeze them. When you get to work, pop them in a toaster and have them with jelly instead of syrup.
  • sweetrena
    Options
    I like hungry girls recipes (lisa lillien). I made a recipe this morning called cin-ful french toast. I used whole grain bread slices with low calorie ingredients like, egg beaters, low fat crm cheese, light butter, sugar free maple syrup, sugar free pudding, cinnamon, vanilla extract and it was delish! It's a substitute for high calorie french toast using low calorie ingredients. It is so good and filling it doesn't seem like it's low cal.....
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    Eggs in all-types; scrambled, boiled, omelette with a piece of toast and some veggies.
    Toast with peanut butter and banana.
    Oatmeal with frozen berries.
    Cottage cheese with nuts and berries.
    English muffins with jam?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on an apple and a hard boiled egg!

Make a protein smoothie

Whole wheat bread with peanut butter and banana or a fried egg and avocado on it!

Greek yogurt, avacado, why protein powder, honey mixed together (no blender needed like the smoothie)
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches.

Crack egg into a muffin cup and put in oven for 20 minutes
    Lay bacon on a pan in the oven for 20 minutes
    Toast a whole package of WW english muffins
    assemble with half slice of 2% cheese on each

about 300 calories

eat one freeze the others or just put in fridge.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You make no notation as to what you presently eat. So, my suggestion will be Pizza.12", deep dish, bacon, spinach, tomato, garlic, red pepper, jalapeno, extra cheese. ooo and some pineapple. Wash it down with a 6-pack of Guinness

yes please!! YUM! LOL