Weigh ins?

Options
How often do you all weigh yourself?

Replies

• joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday just because it's part of my motivation. I know a lot of people weigh in once a week. Just depends on your personal preference. Most groups do weigh ins once a week for challenges.
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks I was doing everyday, but wanted to know what everyone else was doing.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day around the same time but I only count my friday weight since it fluctuates throughout the week
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    I aim to only step on the scale Friday mornings before breakfast, but i usualy end up weighing in at least 3 times a week... good luck!
  • otrev
    otrev Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a hard time not stepping on that scale everyday.
    But only Monday Mornings count
  • fitcountrygirl
    fitcountrygirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to only use the scale once a week. Thursday is my 'weigh' day ~ if I blow it over the weekend, that gives me a few days to get back on track!
  • newbierun14
    newbierun14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to most it seems, weigh everyday but only Monday morning's go in the book.
  • missidap
    missidap Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day or every other day. Keeps me on track. I just use the once a week weigh in to report because of the fluctuations during the week.
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Once a week for sure...and chart it. Sometimes the scale flits under my feet mid-week and then I happen to see if things are going in the right direction before 'weigh & chart day.' LOL Whatever works to motivate is what is best for me. Hope your journey goes well for you. Hugs, SisterC
  • Stacey127
    Options
    i WAS weighing in every day but unfortunately for me personally, it was NOT motivating it was discouraging! I don't see enough of a difference (if any at all) when i weigh in every day. i get in an exceptionally bad mood if i get on the scale after a day i think i should have lost weight and i either stayed the same or gained! i think once a week is the best way to go. sometimes it takes a while for any changes to show up, and this way, you are more likely to see a difference, good or bad!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    When I first started, i did the once a week thing, but I find now that it is motivating to get on every morning before eating and that way I know if I am on track. I have been in a treading water mode for about 2 months now and it is important for me not to let things creep up. I have done fairly well so far, am up only 2 lbs. fr my lowest weight, which for me is a success as I have been a yo yo er in the past.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    I weigh Sunday mornings. Sunday morning is about the only me time I get throughout the week and so I figured it would be a good weigh in day. I only weigh once a week because I'm afraid of becoming obsessed with the scale. This entire experiment is to teach myself discipline and awareness of my body so that I can be the best me possible and i can't do that if I can't tear myself away from that scale. Also, I figure I'll see more consistent improvement this way. I'd rather not weigh one day and see a number I like better and the next day see a weight that I like a lot less.
  • NotLuigiTM
    Options
    I weigh myself Monday only! The problem with daily weighing is that I can become too obsessed with the weight loss that it can over take my life. I do not want to become obsessed and let it run my life. I also do not want to get down on myself if I do not lose anything in a day or two. Sometimes you might go 3 days no weight loss but in a week you still might lose 3lbs or more. If I was to weigh myself daily and was not seeing any weight loss I might then tend to think I need ot eat less and that has repercussions that can be dangerous and send my body into survival mode.

This method has worked for me and last week I lost 3 lbs. Total of 26 lost since November 16th, 2009. So I am living proof and this past week from Monday to Monday (I weigh in on Monday only) I ate 2 fresco beef tacos from taco bell and I had 1 suggested portion of Peppridge Farm Triple layer fudge cake and 1 serving of ice cream with it and still lost the 3 lbs. It is about eating your suggested number of calories so that you are eating enough. According to the Biggest Loser if you cut your calories too low your body will start to store food as fat. I eat about 1570 for my weight 216 and height 5 ft 6 in. Most times I am at the mark or just a few over or under. It is what my body needs to lose weight. Want to know more just ask me. If you look at the suggested number of calories from this site and eat that many or just a little more along with exercise you will do well. Do not do a FAD diet like weight watchers, Jenny Craig, South Beach or Atkins etc. Do a lifestyle change that is really what you need to do. Learn how to eat all kinds of food. You will feel much more full and less likely to binge on the foods you do love. One thing that I can tell you is PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN and less Carbs yes but do not throw out all carbs. I also ate rice and Mac & Cheese. I used to think that those suggested serving sizes on the package or box were for kids but now I realize that eating that much will fill me out. Also use a lot of salad (Spinach more then lettuce) and green veggies and fruits in your meals too. Good Luck. I hope this helps. Too Few calories and you wont lose...Too Many and you wont lose...It is about eating just enough to lose!

Only a banana for breakfast is a bad idea. You need to eat more calories in the day and less as the day goes on. you should have protein protein protein. a much more filling meal is 9 grams of protein or more which will help you stay fuller longer. If you have a carb loaded meal, you will feel full but the fullness will wear off quite quickly and you will be hungry sooner. (Hence why Chinese makes you hungry after 2 hours). That whole thing about Low Fat and eating less does not work. You screw up your Metabolism if you do not eat enough cause then your body goes into survival mode. Good Luck.

eat more calories at breakfast, cause i would burn them off in a day. I heard it said "Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner."
  • NotLuigiTM
    Options
    I weigh Sunday mornings. Sunday morning is about the only me time I get throughout the week and so I figured it would be a good weigh in day. I only weigh once a week because I'm afraid of becoming obsessed with the scale. This entire experiment is to teach myself discipline and awareness of my body so that I can be the best me possible and i can't do that if I can't tear myself away from that scale. Also, I figure I'll see more consistent improvement this way. I'd rather not weigh one day and see a number I like better and the next day see a weight that I like a lot less.

Hey good job here and can I ask you if you are a Christian because what you are saying sounds like something godly in principle.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    for me, daily weigh ins at the same time work. a little obsessive yes, but once a week thing makes me relax too much. actually, i used to be more obsessed (let the judgement begin now) and i used to put the scale in front of my fridge. i know. i know. i don't suggest it. it's a horrible thing to do.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I could easily obsess if I weighed myself everyday, I weigh-in once a week.
  • missygal
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    for me, daily weigh ins at the same time work. a little obsessive yes, but once a week thing makes me relax too much. actually, i used to be more obsessed (let the judgement begin now) and i used to put the scale in front of my fridge. i know. i know. i don't suggest it. it's a horrible thing to do.

Lol that's a great idea!
  • missygal
    Options
    Ok so once a week it is! Sunday morning for me...That's my first day off.