Just started my diet today

Options
i am trying to change my life and eat healthy and really need the support. so hard breaking the habit of drinking soda.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What are you drinking instead? Teas can add a lot of flavor, as can adding lemon to water.
  • Outlawhorses
    Outlawhorses Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well....hoping that I will be able to master this.
  • Luis2787
    Options
    lime and water but the tatse is just bleh lol. and its so hard to find a good diet.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If it's the fizzy pop of soda that you miss, try club soda (carbonated water) with a (small) splash of juice. You stilll get a fix
    and soon the sugar cravings will be gone. One can of soda has about 9 tsp of sugar. And diet pop is even worse - that stuff is toxic.
  • Luis2787
    Options
    i am a 5'5 male 192 pounds and my doctor wants me at 150 its going to be so hard
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    i am a 5'5 male 192 pounds and my doctor wants me at 150 its going to be so hard

Not hard! I am 5'8" and started at 205 lbs and reached the goal weight of 145 after 243 days. Now I know everyone's individual and my results may not be the same as yours but if you exercise daily and log EVERYTHING, you will see results.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    You can do it! depending on how much you drink even limiting instead of cutting it out can help your health. I was drinking at least a 12pk a day of coke...at least. When I joined MFP I cut it down to a 7.5 in the morning and a 12 oz at night and now I am just doing 12 oz at night :) i have never been able to go cold turkey, the headaches were horible and I really do enjoy my coke the flavor, the bubbles everything. So I do allow myself 1 day :) and I buy cans not liters it is easier for me to control and to monitor :)
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The first week or two was the hardest for me. Once I got myself into the swing of eating better though, it's been a lot easier. I still allow myself a can of pop now and then, but I make sure that it fits into my limits (and I usually add some rum haha). Just remember that depriving yourself of something can make you end up craving it even worse. Moderation and portion control. You can and WILL succeed!
  • myperks
    Options
    I just started too! My weakness is sweet tea and chocolate. It's time for a change.
  • rsmatth
    Options
    Hello, all! I'm restarting after having lost 60 lbs and regained 20 of it back. What I did to get rid of my soda cravings was buy a mint plant and harvest it to make tea. I only add 1 or 2 spoons of sugar and make about 24 oz in my teapot. It only costs me about 90 calories for the entire three cups. And it tastes great. Of course, if you make less, it will cost less and vice versa.
  • Luis2787
    Options
    i just bought sparkling water black cherry and its helping my soda cravings big times.