30 DS.

Options
Hi everyone.
I have done 4 days of the programme 30 DS, only another 26 to go. :happy:
I would love to hear other peoples views and stories about how they got on when they did the fitness programme.

Replies

• meganjjb
    Options
    i am on day 5 of the 30ds and its tough but i love it! i have so far lost 2 inches from my stomach and 1inch from y theighs and i didnt measuer anywhere else before i started but i did measure them today so i can measure again later...
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just started this program. I was worried my 5lb hand weights wouldn't be enough and I'd have to buy heavier ones. I've been doing nrolw (just finished level 1) and can squat/deadlift 100 lbs. But those little 5lb-ers kill me! I can't lift my arms anymore by the time she says "Two more to go!" Specifically the squat push press and the side lunge maneuvers. Guess I need to buff up my arms!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My first day on 30 ds. Approx how many calories did I burn? 240 lbs, 55 yo, fe, 20 minutes. Please help.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Woo! I was sore until day 6 my first time through the 30DS. Then I took a day off, and D7-10 were really swell. L2 proceeded to kick my but again. I love the workouts! I'm now on D4 of my 3rd round through it all.
  • kristy6ward
    Options
    I burned 242 the first day and 303 the second day according to my hrm. I think the second day was higher because I had just finished a 30 minute run, so my heart rate was already elevated. Or maybe I just put more into it the second time around.
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My 2nd attempt this time around. Starting it today. I've been so sick recently.
  • Shhhalan
    Shhhalan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What did you do to relieve the sore, stiff muscles at the beginning? I'm on day 3 and I can barely manage the stairs. The thought of working out this evening has me nervous. Any suggestions?
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start today... but carrying the stupid dumbbells home from the store got me totally exhausted
    :D
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    What did you do to relieve the sore, stiff muscles at the beginning? I'm on day 3 and I can barely manage the stairs. The thought of working out this evening has me nervous. Any suggestions?

Massage, stretch and protein shakes to repair them :)
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just started this program. I was worried my 5lb hand weights wouldn't be enough and I'd have to buy heavier ones. I've been doing nrolw (just finished level 1) and can squat/deadlift 100 lbs. But those little 5lb-ers kill me! I can't lift my arms anymore by the time she says "Two more to go!" Specifically the squat push press and the side lunge maneuvers. Guess I need to buff up my arms!

kristy6ward, 5lb weights, I am only using 2.5 lbs and its killing my arms. Ive just come back from a 45 minute aerobic class which focused on alot of arm movements, I could of cried. Will remember tomorrow to do the 30 DS a few hours before my aerobic class and not just before, my arms cant take the pain. :sad:
  • kristy6ward
    Options
    I WISH I had 2.5 lbs. But the same goes.. don't really want to buy new equipment, will just have to push through. If you're experiencing a lot of pain, maybe take a day off for recovery. It's a 30 day program, but it doesn't have to be completed in 30 days. I've just added it into my rotation to prevent boredom and was seriously surprised at how tough it was.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options

THIS!

I don't want to buy more weights so I suffer through the 30 Day Shred with the 5 lbs weights. :sad:
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I finished day 1 yesterday. It kicked my but while doing it but I actually don't feel too bad this morning. I used 3# weights (and yes those push lunges suck), but I also have 5# and think one I get through the DVD once (full 30 days) I will go another round with the 5# weights.