begging!

Options
I am begging for help lol I have been using shakology for the last month and I love it...alot but I just cannot pay 120 a month for it so I am in desprate need of some ideas for breakfast/preworkout shakes that I can make that are not just filling but GOOD for me...I want to lose weight but I also want to be healthy! I also need so advice on vitamins...there are SOOOO many how does a girl know what to take?!? please help my heads spinning!!

Replies

• path2wellness
    Options
    Read the book Your Best Life Diet. it has wonderful recipes in the back wome of which are shakes.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    thank you!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What is that? You only drink shakes?
    Atkins has pretty good shakes, I get them in the pharmacy area at wal mart. I kind of use them as meal replacements sometimes, low carb and high protein. Fairly cheap.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I drink a shake in the morning and then eat a small lunch and a average dinner with two snacks between...I will have to try the adkins
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I heard good things about olvatine and milk, but this is complete hearsay - I haven't don't any research into it.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    My Dr. recommends that ladies take prenatal vitamins all the time. I don't know if there's an age where that's not recommended, but they're great for energy, hair and nails.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would go to a GNC or Supplement store. The people at all the GNC's i've been too have been extremely knowledgeable. Multi Vites are not for everyone, and the GNC people can help you find which vitamins you need based on your body and diet. That way you aren't putting anything you don't need in your body.

as for shakes, I've never used shakeology, so i can't compare nutrition wise. but I always buy the Whey Protein powder from GNC. I buy chocolate. I mix the recommended water with 2 scoops of powder (instead of one) a handful of ice, and a banana. I think it's delicious. I've drank protein shakes since i was a kid though, my mom always made me one when she made one for herself since I liked them so much.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I used to take a slimfast, a banana, and a little ice and blend it together. It was really filling and gave you a lot of extra nutrition!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Simple el-Cheapo "Greenberry" shake:

1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I like Designer Whey or GNC Pro-Complex)
    1/4 c. plain yogurt (buy it in the large 32 oz containers - cheaper)
    1/2-1 banana, frozen
    1/2 c. frozen berries
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 handful of raw baby spinach (seriously, you can't taste it and it adds greenery)
    almond milk (unsweetened) - amount depends on how thick/thin you want the shake
    bit of ground flax
    couple drops vanilla

Seriously, one of the BEST, nutrient packed concoctions ever and the ingredients can be purchased in bulk or on the cheap. The protein powder usually runs about $20-$30 for a large canister, and the brand you buy will affect the cost.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yes, Shakeology is pricey. I switched to BSN shakes. Syntha-6 by BSN is lower in carbs and the chocolate peanut butter is awesome. Sometimes I mix it with water or fat free milk. You can find it at Vitamin Shoppe or online.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    'Green Monster'

- 1 banana
    - 1 cup almond milk
    - 2 cups baby spinach

Blend well. Then drop in some ice and blend.
    Ta-da! You got two servings of vegetables and it just tastes like banana. You can add almond butter or a protein powder for more protein.. or flax meal for more fibre.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    120 a month for shakes??? That is crazy... Do they really work that good that you'd pay that much for them??? That is alot of money for liquid nutrition...
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Im sorry but that sounds soooo gross...
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    If you become a beachbody coach, Shakeology is only 90 dollars a month. Yes I agree its pricey though. But Ive tried all those shakes out there and I feel shakeology is trhe most nutritious, filling, and best tasting.