list of exercises?

Options
is there a list of exercises that you can choose from? i typed in Gazelle but couldn't find it or rear leg raises either. any idea why it doesn't give you calories for doing strength exercises? i hurt my knee and can't see dr till next thurs so have only been doing upper body and abs and it doesn't log any calories for those. thanks

Replies

• salcala
    salcala Posts: 19
    Options
    Strength training is great for losing weight (increases your metabolism and conditions the muscles) but generally doesn't burn that many calories unless done without breaks. I don't know much about the Gazelle but I would assume it would be considered similar to an elliptical.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You can log your strength training as cardio - strength training to get a rough calorie burn. As for anything that isn't listed, just pick the closest option. No idea what gazelle is so I can't help you out with what that might be
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I log my resistance training under cardio, I have worn a HRM on several occasions and came up with an average of 400 cals burned in one hours time. I move quickly and don't take breaks. If you have a HRM try it for several workouts and see what your average is.