Anyone new to running?

Options
I used to run and I just started again with c25k. I am hoping to run a 5k in the spring and would love to find some people who run for encouragement and accountability. Thanks!

Replies

• emzerkate
    emzerkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started back two weeks ago and really surprised myself how far I've come in that time.. Not much in speed but in distance.. I guess i can feel fitness creeping in!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've just started to get back into it! I want to run the half marathon in october :)
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just started the C25K program as well, feel free to add me :)
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a runner! I am just getting back into it, but man is my stamina lacking. My hubby wants to run a marathon with me in the future...Oy! I've got some work to do. I'm going back to the basics with the C25K program, and would love to help encourage others, and get some, too! :)
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm SUPER new to running. I have never been athletic at all growing up and I'm determined to get better at it!

I live right next to a beach and it would be amazing to be able to run along it this summer! I'm not so much focused on speed as much as I am just being ABLE to jog for 30 mins without my lungs caving in!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    I have been an on and off again runner! I have a problem getting past week 6 and then i seem to fall off the face of the earth until i realize I need to run! I love to run! help being motivated is key! feel free to add me =)
  • sweets7664
    Options
    I started c25k as well and am hoping to do my first race this coming July! Thought I was gonna burst a lung the first day, but kept on going! Would enjoy having the extra encouragement as well as doling it back out, so would welcome the add :)
  • karensinn
    karensinn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a fairly new runner, I started a couch to 5k program in August and have done 2 5ks since. I am still running/walking but I am working hard to be able to completely run a 5k soon. My friend is a serious runner and so she has been cheering me on, and we are doing a Mardi Gras 5k in a couple weekends. I have also been using the nike running app, and being able to see how many miles I've run has given me motivation to keep going. Good luck with your running, you'll do great!!
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! I'm hoping to get back into running fairly quickly and really like c25k so far.