Chinese buffet

Options
I'm going to a chinese buffet tongiht for dinner. Now I understand to control portions, and I am knowledgable enough about the foods to know what to keep away from. But my question is how would I note in my diary what I eat there? Just list 1 serving of everything I eat? Suggestions?

Replies

• confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's how I do it. I love Chinese food.Yum enjoy!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I would do! And if this helps:

Baseball =1 cup
    Rounded handful =1/2 cup
    Golf ball =1/4 cup
    Ping pong ball =2 tablespoons
    Deck of cards =3 ounces of meat
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We ate at a chinese buffet when we first started MFP - I logged pretty much everything as 1 serving - I estimated a lot, and probably wasn't very accurate, but the total caloric intake from that meal alone was pretty much enough to make me not want to eat there again - unless I had a bunch of calories to spare or exercised my rear-end off that day. It was startling - and I thought I had done well, I didn't eat nearly as much as I used to at the China Buffet. I just kept thinking about what my calorie intake used to be!
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I would do! And if this helps:

Baseball =1 cup
    Rounded handful =1/2 cup
    Golf ball =1/4 cup
    Ping pong ball =2 tablespoons
    Deck of cards =3 ounces of meat

This is really handy... thanks!
  • jeffk330
    jeffk330 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love chinese food but I haven't had it in over 3 months, so I'm treating myself to this buffet tonight.

Thank you so much for your help and guidance.
  • wschwartz
    Options
    I just started this diet today and have an office lunch tomorrow at a Chinese restaurant. Any advice on the best things to eat?