New and already losing heart

Options
Hiya,

I need to lose about 2-3 stone asap, as I am going on my first abroad holiday in 15 years in June and want to not be ashamed of my body!!

I have been meticulously counting my calories for the last 2 weeks and haven't lost a single pound - haven't gone over 1500 calories per day once during that time!!

I have just reduced my calorie limit to 1200 per day as of today, and have started doing Wii Zumba, 1st 30 mins completed tonight.
I am also cutting out milk as much as possible, and have switched to decaf green tea and skimmed milk if I need to have milk.

Is anyone else struggling and can we give each other moral support??

Thanks!

Replies

• marilyn6180
    Options
    I had the same problem; nothing worked no matter how hard I tried - until I cut out ALL SUGARS, ALL GRAIN OF ANY KIND. I eat only lean meats, veggies - not starch, berries, nuts, dark chocolate once in a blue moon as a treat. The weight is is steadily coming off.(I lost about 15 lbs before I joined MFP.) Check out Primal or Paleo for inspiration.
  • A55IRAM
    A55IRAM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what other type of workouts are you incorporating in your daily routine?
  • Jezebella123
    Options
    I'm new as well. I'm in my weight melting off phase, but dreading my weight can't be pryed off with a crowbar phase that I know from previous diets is coming in about 4 pounds. I feel ya though. Lots of support heading your way. If we keep the calories down and the exercise up eventually I think our bodies will relent.
  • lightenup267
    Options
    be patient- the scale will move in time. I have to keep reminding myself that it took me a long time to put all this weight on, so dont expect it to come off "overnight" I only weigh myself twice a month, the 15th and the last day 30/31st. I am no where near my goal weight so the number doesnt matter to me much. i feel better and better everyday and that's where i draw my strength and determination from :)
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What is your net? If you're falling under 1200 on your net you're likely to lose slowly. Eat and stay hydrated.
  • 3VKING3
    3VKING3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. i was working out and counting calories but i actually gained 15 lbs.. i am hoping its muscle. but i was very discouraged. i am doing the INSANITY workout though and when i got the shake i got a coach as well. i did a 10 day challenge which they actually give you a meal plan to follow .. it does say you have to have a certain amount of calories which i was having but just the wroong foods. in 10 days i did manage to lose 4lbs and 5 inches off my waist. maybe its the foods and when your eating. i know alot of my problem is i have HYPOTHYROIDISM so if anyone has any pointers for me.. im wide open to suggestions becuase i gain wt like i ate a watermelon everyday :( unfornately i dont lose it the same way. but eating the meal s the way i got from the workouts and walking 2x a day as well a cardio workout does make me feel better. just when the levels go bad the wt seems to just stick.. it will take a good week or 2 to actually start seeing results.. dont give up .. :) drink plenty of water will helpyou get through those workouts as well. :)
  • MaryC1ara
    MaryC1ara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stay off the scale! There is NOTHING more disheartening than expectantly hopping on the scale only to find that there is not one miserable pound difference....but what are the alternatives? Quit? Lose Heart? NO!!! Just stop hopping on the scale, work hard, drink LOTS of water - let the way your clothes fit you be your guide and the results will come. Eat real food ie veg, lean meats, fruit for a treat and none of that deliciously nasty pre-boxed, hydrogenated, already made food stuffs. Hope this helps! You CAN do this, keep at it!!!