30 Day Shred starting today!

Options
Anyone else start Jillian Michaels 30DS today? Wanna be fitness pals and do this program together for motivation? Anyone?? :)

Replies

• thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tried to start it...felt like I was dying 5 minutes in and my thighs killed for a week. I really wanna start it again!!
  • katemarie4
    katemarie4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    haha, right there with ya! i started about 2 weeks ago, did level 1 day 1 and could hardly walk for a week and quit! i just did it again today, though, it went much better, but we'll see if i can walk tomorrow....
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today!!
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Alright you've given my confidence to try again'! Tomorrow is also my last day of smoking so might as well find a filler for it!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 10 of Level 1 for me. Good Luck! Just make sure you do the Lunges, Jumping Jacks, etc correct. Never let your knees go past the tips of your toes. Wish I wouldve listened cause my knees are in serious aching pain!
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started today and loving it!! Can't wait for results fingers crossed!!!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ON LEVEL 2 DAY 4 SEEING RESULTS AS FAR AS INCHES GONE SO HAPPY WITH THAT FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • katemarie4
    Options
    thanks for the advice! that's my biggest worry, bc i have a bad left knee and lunges sometimes hurt and are difficult to modify!
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    I'm starting it today after work....getting a lil nervous after seeing on the Internet and here about the soreness. Can't wait to see results though! :smile:
  • claireables88
    claireables88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i started it beggining of december came down with a bad flu and started again yesterday (second day today). the first time i did it was for 10 days and i was losing a pound a day which confused me and the fat was fading fast. think it may be the fact i was eating extreme amounts of fruit too which made me go to loo alot :/ but ye its hard work but a good short workout and for 20 mins a day you may as well do it. and the great thing is at the end even if you still have a tiny bit more you want to lose jillian has loads more dvds you can progress to. im going onto ripped in 30 after this stage then buns and thighs and if i want more then 6 week 6pack abs. you pick and chose what comes next as its all fun and games for 20 mins a day :) and congratz on starting you wont regret it just stick with it even when you cant sit on the loo aha thats what im like now with my legs :)
  • claireables88
    claireables88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oh and take before pics that way if u start to waver u can look at pics and remeber why u started doing it :)
  • hoops1888
    hoops1888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred thing?
  • bridelink
    Options
    i have to alternate every other day or every other other day because i'm so sore after! i love it though. i'm too scared to look at level 2 just yet!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I just did D4!
  • legalwonder
    Options
    Okay, I am game. I have had a cold for about a week and have one more day of antibiotics and would like to start again. Generally like to work out in the morning. I will start on level one again tomorrow morning. I would love to try and do it for 30 days in a row who is with me.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Come join the Let's Get Shredded group!!
  • reetz54
    reetz54 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day!! Idont have alot of weight to lose, but I have had 3 c-sections and hoping this helps tone my tummy a little!!
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have just done day 1 level 1 today! add me if u want
  • katemarie4
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred thing?

the 30 day shred is a jillian michaels at home workout video. basically, it's 27 minutes of intense (for most people) strength training, cardio, and abs. lots of people have great success as far as inches lost and toning up, and some people even lose some pounds on it! i've heard it's on youtube if you care to take a look, otherwise it's fairly cheap in stores.
  • katemarie4
    Options
    yay! lots of ppl for motivation and support! i'm excited now!