Help-trying to lose weight but...............

Options
hi all,

I started MFP two weeks ago, aim to lose 30 pounds before the summer, daily calories sets at 1200, two weeks has passed, but I didn't lose a pound, I think I did pretty well on doing my 45 min of walking 5 days a week, and calories intake are within 1200, I'm very de-motivated now, gosh, this will be hard.

Replies

• AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Keep at it and good job for sticking with it!! It honestly will work, but everyone's body is different. You could have gained some muscle or lost inches rather than pounds - maybe start taking your measurements on top of your weight? Also be sure you're drinking plenty of water!
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi there ... maybe try checking the fat content of what you eat! Even though you're within your calorie range it might be food of a high fat content .. it's caught me out a few times .. I look at the calories and think that'll fit in .. but then look at the fat and it's above the no more than 5 grammes of fat per 100 that we try and stick to.
    I do like a chocolate treat for instance and that may only be 123 cals but the fat contnet is 31.6g per 100g!
    Just a thought!

Good luck.. don't give up xxxx
  • NotLuigiTM
    Options
    This method has worked for me and last week I lost 3 lbs. Total of 26 lost since November 16th, 2009. So I am living proof and this past week from Monday to Monday (I weigh in on Monday only) I ate 2 fresco beef tacos from taco bell and I had 1 suggested portion of Peppridge Farm Triple layer fudge cake and 1 serving of ice cream with it and still lost the 3 lbs. It is about eating your suggested number of calories so that you are eating enough. According to the Biggest Loser if you cut your calories too low your body will start to store food as fat. I eat about 1570 for my weight 216 and height 5 ft 6 in. Most times I am at the mark or just a few over or under. It is what my body needs to lose weight. Want to know more just ask me. If you look at the suggested number of calories from this site and eat that many or just a little more along with exercise you will do well. Do not do a FAD diet like weight watchers, Jenny Craig, South Beach or Atkins etc. Do a lifestyle change that is really what you need to do. Learn how to eat all kinds of food. You will feel much more full and less likely to binge on the foods you do love. One thing that I can tell you is PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN and less Carbs yes but do not throw out all carbs. I also ate rice and Mac & Cheese. I used to think that those suggested serving sizes on the package or box were for kids but now I realize that eating that much will fill me out. Also use a lot of salad (Spinach more then lettuce) and green veggies and fruits in your meals too. Good Luck. I hope this helps. Too Few calories and you wont lose...Too Many and you wont lose...It is about eating just enough to lose!

Only a banana for breakfast is a bad idea. You need to eat more calories in the day and less as the day goes on. you should have protein protein protein. a much more filling meal is 9 grams of protein or more which will help you stay fuller longer. If you have a carb loaded meal, you will feel full but the fullness will wear off quite quickly and you will be hungry sooner. (Hence why Chinese makes you hungry after 2 hours). That whole thing about Low Fat and eating less does not work. You screw up your Metabolism if you do not eat enough cause then your body goes into survival mode. Good Luck.

eat more calories at breakfast, cause i would burn them off in a day. I heard it said "Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner."