British Airways Breakfast

Options
I can't find calorie details anywhere, catching an early flight tomorrow and wondering whether to have breakfast. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find anything about airline food in Sept . You can be sure it won't be healthy, but terminal food probably isn't any better.

Good luck. Enjoy your trip!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    take your food with you, boil eggs a slice of bread ect, if its a long haul flight just eat what you know is ok.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Do you fly regularly? I'm sure they could give you nutritional information, or it might even be on the package... I only fly once or twice a year so don't worry about it personally.
  • lollyb2
    lollyb2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I have a sneaky suspicion that they're fairly unhealthy, just very hard to resist when on a 6am flight. Will see if I can find out on board
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's one meal, one day. Eat whatever there is to offer that's edible. I've never had airplane food yet that was either largely portioned or so yummy you just wanted to lick the plate clean.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Breakfast on each flight/route is different so will have different calories. I last flew BA in November (Manchester to London) and it was a rather soggy sausage muffin for breakfast (you could probably guess and log it as a McDonalds breakfast).

If I have time when flying from UK airports I usually buy a Boots Meal Deal instead (buy after you go through security to get round the food/drink checks). They have all the calories on them and taste much better (you get a sandwich or salad, drink and snack for around £3 - usually a choice of things like fruit, yoghurt, healthy wraps, smoothies etc. I particularly love the Bugsy sandwich - hummous, alfalfa sprouts and grated carrot).

Also, beware about taking other food products with you - security at UK airports is still really tight so you cannot take drinks (well, not more than a tiny amount) and a lot of foods aren't allowed either - check with the airline or airport website. I had similar issues flying around Australia last year too as you can't take fruit between different states. Something such as crisps is probably fine but meat not (due to foot and mouth disease etc).
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's one meal, one day. Eat whatever there is to offer that's edible. I've never had airplane food yet that was either largely portioned or so yummy you just wanted to lick the plate clean.

:laugh:
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There are some British airways foods in the system. If what is served is not there, just plug in something that is close