Low carb lunch ideas?

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
Normally for lunch every day I have some sort of sandwich, be it peanut butter and jelly, turkey, or a grilled cheese. I realize these aren't the best of options, and need some ideas as to better lunches to eat in order to help my healthy life style. But I'm stumped! I'm looking for lunches between 300-400 calories, preferably low carb as I think it will help my weight loss. Any suggestions?

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Maybe doing like a lettuce wrap, where you use lettuce instead of bread/bun with your turkey sandwich. Or I really like to fry up bacon and add tomato and have a BLT without the bread/bun.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How many carbs is "low carb"? My lunch had 53 carbs. It also had 18 g fiber, so 35 net carbs.

I had a sandwich wrap and 1 cup strawberries

The wrap contained: 1 Flatout brand wrap, 4 tbs roasted garlic hummus, 1/2 C flat leaf parsley, 1 C arugula, 1/4 C shredded carrot, 1/4 C each thinly sliced onion and green bell pepper.

You could skip the strawberries and reduce the carbs by 12 g. Replace the hummus with chicken or fish and drop it another 12 g.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight by eating sandwiches, and are happy with how you feel in the afternoon, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to keep eating them. But maybe instead:

1. Use only one slice of bread. Add a side of vegies. Or
    2. Pick a different bread that has more fiber/less calories/more protein/etc.
    3. Disassemble your sandwich. Use a hearty cracker(s) (and maybe some celery sticks) instead and dip/spread the innards. Like spread the peanut butter or whatever on a trisket or wasa crisp bread.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I do a big salad with a hardboiled egg and either chicken or tuna.

Today's clocked in at 423, but that's because I also had some avocado on it. Without would have been about 100 less and 6 fewer carbs.

came to 19g carbs, 9g fiber (so 10 g net carbs) and 43 g protein.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Veggie/Cabbage soup and egg bake (egg beaters, cheese and veggies)

VERY FILLING!!!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight by eating sandwiches, and are happy with how you feel in the afternoon, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to keep eating them. But maybe instead:

1. Use only one slice of bread. Add a side of vegies. Or
    2. Pick a different bread that has more fiber/less calories/more protein/etc.
    3. Disassemble your sandwich. Use a hearty cracker(s) (and maybe some celery sticks) instead and dip/spread the innards. Like spread the peanut butter or whatever on a trisket or wasa crisp bread.

Normally I'm all about eating whats I love, if it fits my macros, but since the holidays I haven't been gaining and losing the same 2lbs over and over, and I thought maybe this could be a way to try? Plus I'm getting a bit sick of various sammiches.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions! I'm going to try doing some more wraps, and soups! <3
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I EAT JUST BOILED EGG MOST DAYS,