Best Weight Loss Gadgets

Im a full on gadget fan and so any weight loss or fitness related gadgets are really beneficial to me when losing weight. Does anyone have recommendations? I have an iPhone if thats relevant.

:)

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    The human brain, but not everyone is able to program it properly.
  • ChrisDP88
    ChrisDP88 Posts: 8 Member
    Obviously the myfitnesspal app for iPhone I also use an app called RunKeeper for when I walk to work to record distance travelled, time taken, average speed, calories burned etc. I've also been looking at a gadget called fitbit and another called bodymedia FIT which apparently takes up to 5000+ readings per minute and is supposedly the most accurate gadget available to help lose weight
  • Ooh sounds interesting. Its not that I dont want to train my brain its just that i like to see results before i actually see results if that makes sense.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    The human brain, but not everyone is able to program it properly.

Hehehe this ^^^^^ and...
    MFP
    Digital Kitchen Scale
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    I love my:

Polar FT7 heart rate monitor
    Stunt Puppy hands-free running leash for my pups
    Escali kitchen scale (bright orange)
    Smart Phone with Amazon Cloud Drive/Player to make playlists and listen to music during workouts
    RunKeeper app for my phone
  • aligatah
    aligatah Posts: 24 Member
    Fitbit has made all the difference in the world to me since it helps me know exactly how many calories I burn a day. (Well, technically not EXACTLY, but a more accurate estimate than just entering activity on MFP alone.) I track my food here and my activity on Fitbit.com and use the two to maintain a 1,000 calorie deficit per day (i.e., 2lb/week loss).
  • Fitbit to track your daily calories burned.
    A set of measuring cups right on the counter so there's no excuse not to measure the portions. I usually keep one measuring cup right in the box of cereal.
  • Thanks all some really great tips. Especially the measuring cup thing, I only ever use them to make cakes so they may as well have a use now the cake making is on hold :)
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Fitbit and as somone on here suggested signing up to Earndit so you can donate your exercise points to charity. Makes you walk more if you are helping someone.
  • Menolly52
    Menolly52 Posts: 7 Member
    Fitbit to track your daily calories burned.
    A set of measuring cups right on the counter so there's no excuse not to measure the portions. I usually keep one measuring cup right in the box of cereal.

Or even better, keep the food scale next to where you usually dish things out. Measuring serving sizes of dry goods by weight is more accurate than by volume. (I can fit more than 28g of Cheerios in a 3/4 cup, lol)
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Serving spoons that are a 1/2 cup measurement. Easy to measure my food without dirtying the measuring cups.

Little wedge silicone pasta cooker. It hangs over the edge of the pasta pot and allows a different kind of pasta to cook. The rest of the family isn't a fan of my whole wheat pasta...but I can cook it all in the same pot at the same time.

Both are by Healthy Steps. They actually have a bunch of healthy cooking tools.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    A kitchen scale. And there's a great app for your phone called couch to 5 k if you want to run. And I sooo want a Fitbit HRM.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Serving spoons that are a 1/2 cup measurement. Easy to measure my food without dirtying the measuring cups.

Little wedge silicone pasta cooker. It hangs over the edge of the pasta pot and allows a different kind of pasta to cook. The rest of the family isn't a fan of my whole wheat pasta...but I can cook it all in the same pot at the same time.

Both are by Healthy Steps. They actually have a bunch of healthy cooking tools.

Cool idea on the pasta cooker..