No Credit for Strength Training

Options
When I logged on this morning, I saw a subject along the lines of "no credit for strength training". I was interested as I've wondered the same thing, but didn't have a chance to read it and now I can't find it. Can someone tell me where I can see this thread? Thanks.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Go to the cardio section and search for strength training. It won't be very accurate though as there are so many variables.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and log the actual calories I burn as a "circuit workout." The amount of calories varies greatly depending upon what type of workout I do. For example, an hour of arm work may only burn 200 calories while a leg workout would burn 400. A combo - aerobics plus weights burns 500 or more. I had to do this because I wasn't logging or eating weight lifting exercise calories and my weight loss ground to a halt. I know it is somewhat controversial, but I eat most of my exercise calories back. I didn't gain the weight over night and I'm not going to lose it overnight. One pound per week is fine for me!
  • Candro
    Candro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Tam,

I had the same problem, but then noticed under Cardio you can enter "calisthenics." Options are vigorous and light/moderate. Strength training counts!

Candro