For those that eat low carb

Options
I'm pretty new on here. I usually eat low carb and don't count calories. I decided to give it a try to get rid of a few extra pounds and make sure I am eating enough. My question is if you eat your calorie allowance, keep your carbs low, but go over your fat allowance do you still lose?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new on here. I usually eat low carb and don't count calories. I decided to give it a try to get rid of a few extra pounds and make sure I am eating enough. My question is if you eat your calorie allowance, keep your carbs low, but go over your fat allowance do you still lose?

Yep, furthermore you can if you so desire change the settings. My current setting is 30% carbs, 30% protein, and 40% fat. I eat alot of nuts and nut butter and olive oil based dressings.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Believe it or not you could even go over your arbitrary carb allowance and stay within your cals and lose, assuming you have no medical conditions or intolerances that would require lowish carbs
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes.

The long answer is: yyyyeeessssss
  • stacybc78
    stacybc78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes. Fat does not make you fat. Your body needs it for all sorts of bodily functions. I go over my fat allowance sometimes, especially my saturated fats, but I usually never go over my calorie allowance. I have my macros set to 25% carb 30% protein and 45% fat. I do have that set high at the moment as I find higher fat satisfies me and cuts my cravings.
  • stacybc78
    stacybc78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How do I change those?
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    under MY HOME then goals
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    under MY HOME then goals