Need Motivation

Options
I have lost 32 lbs since signing up to myfitnesspal, but I cheated and used diet pills. Phentermine to be exact. I believe my body has built a tolerance to them and they are no longer effective, which I know I know.... is exactly why you should never take diet pills. Please no lectures or flaming. I already know what I did was dumb, and I am really needing some encourangement and support right now. I have come back to myfitnesspal and want to maintain my weight loss the healthy correct way. So far so good on my first day without the drug and staying within my calories! :) Thanks for listening.

Replies

• mspinknblack85
    Options
    Hi am some what new to all of this myself. I had thought about taking some pills to help me out but i was to cheap to get some. I figured i would just do it the hard way. second wk actually doing this and dropped 4lbs. :) may not seem much but i was totally excited
  • Redpearl25
    Options
    That is fantastic! Great job on the 4lbs. Yes, I unfortunately had to learn the hard way about diet pills. They definitely work, but are only good for a short term. I am so afraid of gaining all my weight back now that I've stopped taking them, which is what I'm told will happen so I'm really going to stick to MFP's program and maintain the right way. Good luck to you and congrats again!
  • chi2teach
    chi2teach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've never used diet pills, but I don't think of it as cheating. Everyone needs to find what works for them for the long term. If diet pills put you on the right track to eating better and taking care of yourself, then that's a good thing! You are worth it. :wink:

Now you realize that you want to start making progress again. You might need some new ideas, but by logging on and posting here you are putting yourself on the right track. I'd say you deserve a pat on the back. Here's a toast to you! :drinker: