Limiting Carb Options

Options
I consider myself a Low Carb dieter. That means I eat carbs but I get them for the most part from dairy, veggies and fruit. I try to stay away from bread, pasta, rice, crackers, cereal, etc. Why? Because I don't feel good (feels like lead in my stomach) when I eat them and tend to get hungry quicker. I also have a problem with raw veggies...lettuce in particlar. So salads are tough. I try to eat my protien first at every meal and make sure anytime I eat there is some protien. Now I'm not saying I NEVER eat pasta, bread, etc. I just very strickly limit it and try during the work week to stay away from them.

Anyone else find this a successful eating plan?

Replies

• stacybc78
    stacybc78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't eat many carbs usually. I gained some weight over the holidays and starting back more strict. Hopefully all goes well. So you count calories as well? Do you go over your fat allowance on here?
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I do count calories and try to stay under my fat allowance. I don't use the MFP macros. I set my own.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    yes I do this and count calories too. It has worked so far but I am only 21 days into this. Really it is find what works for you and if it is working and you feel you can stick to it then it is right. I also follow the eat more 2 weigh less group which is a low carb group but it helps you to figure out you BMR and TDEE to find the amount of calories you should be consuming daily.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. I eat a LCHF diet and I've never felt better. I don't have a specific diet plan I follow, I just keep the sugar and starches to a minimum and eat as much "real food" as I can. It sounds like I eat a lot more fat than you do though.

LCHF
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My main macro watch is calories.... Its a struggle just for me to track calories to be concerned with all the others. Especially if there is no medical reason to watch. As I get further maybe I'll look further into the other macros...
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    My main macro watch is calories.... Its a struggle just for me to track calories to be concerned with all the others. Especially if there is no medical reason to watch. As I get further maybe I'll look further into the other macros...
    I'm not pushing a low carb diet or anything like that (honest! :bigsmile: ) but one of the reasons why low carbers seem to proselytize a bit, I think, is because we're losing weight without being hungry. When you come from a place where you're always hungry and thinking about food all of the time -- even though you just ate and should be satisfied -- to being able to comfortably skip meals? It still seems miraculous to me even after all these months.

Low carb diets aren't for everyone but if you're struggling with what you're doing now it's worth a try. Calories still matter, of course, but it's easier to stick to your calorie goals when you're not hungry all of the time.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Since you posted this on Food & Nutrition rather than Diet & Weight Loss .... I rarely see a balanced low carb diet. Don't underestimate how much you need of other foods in order to get all the minerals the body needs for optimum health.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. I eat a LCHF diet and I've never felt better. I don't have a specific diet plan I follow, I just keep the sugar and starches to a minimum and eat as much "real food" as I can. It sounds like I eat a lot more fat than you do though.

LCHF
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

JERF - Just Eat Real Food.

This morning I had a smoothie made with coconut milk, strawberries, half pear, orange and banana. 2 eggs and 2 slices of fresh bacon.

I will finish up with a cup of coffee with coconut milk and then walk my dogs, shower and head to work.

I have made a salad with left over baked chicken from the other night for my lunch today.

Supper tonight will be grass fed sirloin steak, salad and zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and onions sauteed in coconut oil.