Reasons to keep on going

Options

Replies

• Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My results keep me going. Because if I had ever given up on any of the 435 days of what I think of as my "ultimate remodel", I wouldn't be able to proudly display this awesome ticker. *points*
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To no longer feel like everyone is focused on my weight -- even when they are not.

To free myself from the fear, shame, and other painful emotions associated with being overweight.

To allow myself to achieve my fullest potential and to live the healthiest life I can for as long as I can.

To inspire others -- as I have been inspired by others who have already walked this path.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The scales have barely moved since I started my committment three weeks ago. I saw some friends over the weekend and they couldnt believe how good I looked. That has sparked the fire within when I was almost going to give up
  • Codilee_87
    Options
    Its not about the scale. Its not about the mirror. Its about going to bed knowing you've accomplished something worthwhile that day.
  • kathy53b
    kathy53b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GREAT REASONS!!!! SO POSITIVE!!!!!!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Regardless of how far I've come, I don't want to go back to where I was. I just simply don't! I feel and look amazing and that what makes me not stop and keep pressing!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Scale was up 4oz yesterday. So I ran 5 kilometers for the first time ever. Yep, reason to keep going!

Oh yeah, and the way I look in bluejeans now.

And how instead of holding on to the stair rail like an old, sick woman I can bounce down them with a dirty plate in one hand and a half full coffee cup in the other.

And I've come too far to give up now and I've learned so much that I know I can make maintenance a success when I get there, too.
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is kinda silly, but when I am working out, I feel like it is fat melting off me, and that feels awesome! I also imagine how much healthier my insides look and feel when I eat healthy!
  • time2luse
    Options
    The scales have barely moved since I started my committment three weeks ago. I saw some friends over the weekend and they couldnt believe how good I looked. That has sparked the fire within when I was almost going to give up

I am with you.

While I have seen no movement on the scale in the past 3 weeks, I now have some definition in my muscles, I've lost the bulge in my stomach, and all of my friends and coworkers comment on my new appearance. The greatest satisfaction I've had so far was to see the joy on the face of my 7 year old son when he said, "wow, mummy you look lovely."

That is reason enough for me to keep on going.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    ~ because I remember what I felt like when I started, so even if I need to take breaks and just maintain for awhile, going backwards is not an option.
    ~ there's too many things I've missed out on in my life because I let my weight hold me back; I refuse to be absent from my own life ever again.
    ~ my competitive drive has been re-engaged and I've removed the word "quit" from my vocabulary...even on days I need to remind myself.
    ~ because I'M WORTH IT! and SO ARE YOU!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    THank you Thank you THank you!!!!! My scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks and I have been so frustrated. I am working SSSOOOO hard. I printed this out and put it on my fridge. Thank you.
  • Vercell
    Options
    Wow am so happy it help you.
  • Vercell
    Options
    ~ because I remember what I felt like when I started, so even if I need to take breaks and just maintain for awhile, going backwards is not an option.
    ~ there's too many things I've missed out on in my life because I let my weight hold me back; I refuse to be absent from my own life ever again.
    ~ my competitive drive has been re-engaged and I've removed the word "quit" from my vocabulary...even on days I need to remind myself.
    ~ because I'M WORTH IT! and SO ARE YOU!
  • Vercell
    Options
    Wow great reasons
  • Vercell
    Options
    This is kinda silly, but when I am working out, I feel like it is fat melting off me, and that feels awesome! I also imagine how much healthier my insides look and feel when I eat healthy!
  • Vercell
    Options
    Its not silly I feel the same way when I workout I always feel thinner and stronger.
  • Vercell
    Options
    Oh, so much win in this discussion! Hoo-rah!!

I'll add:

While I do still have fat to lose and would like to see the scale go down, I have switched to focus more on fitness goals than weight goals. I'm strong and fit enough to do most of what I want to do and just keep getting fitter so I can play longer and harder and have more and more fun. Fun is now things like long bike rides, hiking steep hills, alpine scrambling, and will be soon learning some rock climbing and prepping for mountaineering. I plan to add in some snow-shoeing and x-country skiing. And I want to try SUP and wind-surfing. Maybe even real surfing. So being fit, strong, and fueling my body with nutritious food is more important than the scale.
  • Vercell
    Options
    I love that reply.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I am with you.

While I have seen no movement on the scale in the past 3 weeks, I now have some definition in my muscles, I've lost the bulge in my stomach, and all of my friends and coworkers comment on my new appearance. The greatest satisfaction I've had so far was to see the joy on the face of my 7 year old son when he said, "wow, mummy you look lovely."

That is reason enough for me to keep on going.

Well done, keep it up :)
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What a great topic!! :)
    My reasons to keep on going:
    - even if the scale doesn't move this week I'm still smaller than when I started.
    - I got this far,why go back?
    - I will wear a bikini on the beach without being self conscious
    - I have two dresses I've never fit into and I'm not wasting them