low carb meals

Options
i'm looking for a few low carb meals that are easy to make and not too expensive.

also looking for low carb snack as well, i work in retail so i can't have anything that i can't stash away or hide.

Replies

• thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps with lean meats and veggies. string cheese. nuts. peanut butter and veggies, or just pb plain.
  • stacybc78
    stacybc78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Look at Lindas low carb recipes. I have found alot of great recipes there. A must try is the deep dish pizza! Very low carb and good!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Chicken and air. :laugh:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Beef heart stuffed with veggies before slow cooking.
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Check out yourlighterside I found a ton of low carb recipes including the cauliflower pizza crust. Snacks can be tricky but luckily I find if I'm getting enough protein at meals I don't really need to snack. Maybe nuke some pepperoni slices in the microwave in 20 second increments until they're crisp and you could tuck those away. Might get a few strange looks but they're actually pretty tasty and portable. :wink:
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There's a Low Carb group. A LOT of people post recipes and snack ideas.

My favorite go-to snacks are celery with peanut butter, string cheese, almonds, Greek yogurt (sugar-free), celery with cream cheese, baby carrots, and turkey/swiss roll-ups.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Here's my pin-board full of ideas:

http://pinterest.com/shadowland/insulin-resistance/
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is making restaurant-style potato skins with Chicken tenders instead of potatoes. Cook bacon & remove from pan, then pan fry boneless, skinless breast or thigh. Put cooked chicken on cookie sheet and top with bacon & shredded cheese, and broil to melt cheese. Then top with sour cream and green onion tops. YUM!!!

Also, along the bacon, meat, cheese line is low carb hot dogs (check labels: some are very low & some have lots of sugar). Split long ways without cutting all the way through. Place sliced cheese (pepper jack is my favorite), then wrap with raw bacon. Bake until bacon is fully cooked.

Great side (also with bacon) is cabbage fried w/ bacon & onion. Start with cutting bacon into squares, then fry in large skillet or wok, add onions and raw cabbage (cut to about 4-5 in pieces)...cook until cabbage is soft.

Must have bacon on the brain...also love raw spinach salad with boiled egg, and (you guessed it) bacon crumbles!