Go To Breakfast

Options
What is your go to breakfast during the week? If it's quick and easy share the recipe.

For me it's simple! Peanut Butter Toast/Waffle. I smear 2 TBSP of Natural PB on Whole Wheat Toast or a Whole Wheat Waffle and sprinkle cinnamon and splenda on top. Simple takes 2 minutes and I can eat it on the go. I also never get tired of it.

Replies

• Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I precook a bunch of chicken breakfast sausages and then flash freeze them (so they don't stick together) and put them in a baggie in the freezer. I also use my steamer to make up a bunch of hard boiled eggs. In the morning, I grab out 2 sausages, heat in the microwave, peel an egg while they heat up, and then much-n-go. Excellent protein and staying power. Fast and easy.

WHY is your name Unicorn POOP? Why would you pick that? Does it have some special meaning for you that I just don't get? Just curious.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Why wouldnt my name be unicornpoop? It's the rarest poop of them all.
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Haha! I love it. As for breakfast: I like berries in yogurt/cottage cheese, or granola in yogurt. I make my own granola, and it's super good for me & delicious!
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    7 Ounces 2% Fage Greek Yogurt, a sprinkle of Stevia, toss in about a cup of fresh blueberries (YUM)

Coffee with 1/2 cup whole milk (What can i say i like my coffee to be 3/4 coffee 1/4 milk)

Plus a cup of organic cereal

380 Calories of pure deliciousness.
  • unicornpoop
    Options
    I also do yogurt too. However I end up making a big tub of Pumpkin Greek Yogurt and pairing it with Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax. It's so filling and protein rich. Plus when you make a giant tub of it it lasts you all week long. Can't complain with that.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It is either a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and a grapefruit

or...

2 eggs (fried or boiled) with some sort of fruit and maybe some toast if I am still hungry.
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    oatmeal with toasted almonds, cranberries, a little milk and maple syrup. I'll throw it in a container then in my bag and eat it after it's cooled off and congealed into a solid block. it works for me.

and unicorns poop marshmallows and stars, so sure, why not?
  • Doberdawn
    Options

Umm, I guess I just wouldn't want to be poop, whether common or uncommon crap. But, that's just me. It's certainly a unique moniker.
  • unicornpoop
    Options
    People always have beef with my username. I guess I don't care enough to question theirs.
  • tinkerbug83
    Options
    For me it's a cup of coffee and slice of toast with laughing cow wedge...sometimes I add some strawberry jam on top.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, peanut butter and whatever mixed in. This week it's goji berries. Last week it was fresh fruit.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Half a cup of oatmeal sometimes with almond milk, and then I throw in whatever I feel like that day. :]
    Usually it's peanut butter, berries, or cocoa powder.
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I go on kicks, but find I need a few to rotate through or else I get bored:

1) Greek yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit, and granola
    2) A toasted bagel with peanut butter and honey or banana
    3) Overnight oatmeal (so many possibilities!)
    4) One soft-boiled egg on wheat toast (sometimes with low-fat ricotta and fresh basil)
    5) Steel-cut oatmeal with almonds, a tsp of maple syrup, fresh fruit, and milk (2% or almond depending on what we have)

I blogged about the yogurt and overnight oatmeal here: http://csquaredculinaryadventures.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/mason-jars-and-bento-boxes/ and the egg dish here: http://csquaredculinaryadventures.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/a-morning-wake-up-call/
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    Egg & egg whites scrambled! Toast sometimes.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    People always have beef with my username. I guess I don't care enough to question theirs.

Sorry. I don't really have a "beef" with your name, I just didn't "get it". Wasn't sure if there was some inside joke, story behind it, some famous foreign band's name, whatever.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    sadly Honey Nut Cheerios
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    eggs, oatmeal, frosted mini wheats, and fruit
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Whole grain English muffin with PB2 and strawberries.
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup store brand Egg Beaters cooked with Pam, cooked like an omelet, 1 tblsp. Chia seeds added near the end. Topped with 1 tsp. hot sauce, 1 tblsp. Hunts (No High Fructose Corn Syrup) Ketchup. 1/4 cup dry steel cut oats cooked in 1 cup water. When cooked, I add 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. coconut sugar and a splash of 1% milk. I eat this daily, year round-filling and keeps me going until mid morning fruit.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i eat 2 breakfasts. this week, breakfast 1 is natures path smart bran, strawberries & fage fat free plain greek yogurt with stevia & pb2 and breakfast 2 is egg white muffins & homemade pumpkin protein bars